My views on Covid and the Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

EveT1991

Ex Member
Reaction score
I believe Covid exits but many people have been seeing family and friends for months and not got Covid at all. Im fit young and healthy and I exercise and I take vitamins and I have not ever had Covid. A family member of mine works for prostate Cancer and thousands of men haven't been diagnosed with prostate cancer and many should have been diagnosed last year. I don't understand why Covid is more imprtant than Cancer and other illnesses I heard that a man in his 60s needed surgery and it was deemed non urgent and the man died fro the thing he needed surgery for a week later. I have seen articles that people have died from the vaccine. I feel like the news are scaring people. I have seen many people saying that they won't get vaccinated because they don't know what the long term affects are and what they will be putting into their bodies. There was a big protest in London last week on Saturday and their was a protest in London a few weeks ago and people were outside the BBC saying liars. Im not vaccince and Im not a Covid denier but there will walways be cases and deaths because Covid is never going away its here to stay and many people have said from the 21st June they will be living their lives again.

You are a Poundland Julia Hartley-Brewer, which is saying something.

Ok then. What does that have to do with anything?
Im sorry if I sound annoying. I am worried about the Vaccine. I have seen many articlee from people dying from the Vaccine Im worried about the long term affects I might be vaccinated in 5 years time when I know more about it Im just being precautios about it I want to make sure it is safe and that there are no long term affects.

Im sorry if I sound annoying. I am worried about the Vaccine. I have seen many articlee from people dying from the Vaccine Im worried about the long term affects I might be vaccinated in 5 years time when I know more about it Im just being precautios about it I want to make sure it is safe and that there are no long term affects.
You’re worried about dying from the vaccine but not worried about dying from COVID?

More rubbish.
In the whole history of vaccines there has never been a delayed side effect. They either work, don’t, or produce an immediate side effect. Any side effects are already manifesting themselves.
So far, CDC figures show 21 anaphylactic shock reactions in 2 million people. No deaths and 75% of the people involved had preexisting history.
The risk of blood clot appears to be about 2-4 per million.
In the UK, the risk of death is 1800 per million. The largest long effect of vaccines is keeping you alive.
Start worrying about the right things and get vaccinated.

It is understandable to have questions about the vaccines but you need to weigh up the risks and benefits. In terms of short term side effects we have good data on that now and the risks are very low. From our understanding of the science involved it is considered that long term effects are unlikely but of course we cannot be certain - but what is known is that Covid-19 is a serious illness with long term health effects in a significant number of cases. All drugs we take have potential for short and long term health risks, as does virtually everything we do in life.
I believe Covid exits but many people have been seeing family and friends for months and not got Covid at all. Im fit young and healthy and I exercise and I take vitamins and I have not ever had Covid. A family member of mine works for prostate Cancer and thousands of men haven't been diagnosed with prostate cancer and many should have been diagnosed last year. I don't understand why Covid is more imprtant than Cancer and other illnesses I heard that a man in his 60s needed surgery and it was deemed non urgent and the man died fro the thing he needed surgery for a week later. I have seen articles that people have died from the vaccine. I feel like the news are scaring people. I have seen many people saying that they won't get vaccinated because they don't know what the long term affects are and what they will be putting into their bodies. There was a big protest in London last week on Saturday and their was a protest in London a few weeks ago and people were outside the BBC saying liars. Im not vaccince and Im not a Covid denier but there will walways be cases and deaths because Covid is never going away its here to stay and many people have said from the 21st June they will be living their lives again.
Cancer wasn't considered as less important than Covid-19 but the latter is a highly infectious virus with significant health risks which needed to be contained to prevent the spread and hundreds of thousands of deaths. The protests are small compared to the millions of people who are coming forward to be vaccinated remember. 76% of adults have received one dose and 51% two doses. Covid-19 will always be around as a disease, yes, but the more people who take the vaccine (or achieve immunity through natural infection with all the associated risks including long covid) helps us get back to normality.

I have been fully vaccinated and decided to do so to protect myself and others from Covid-19 and to help speed up the return of normality, recognising that Covid-19 won't go away but will be endemic. Only you can decide if you want to have the vaccine of course but do think about the risks from Covid-19, get some help on that from your GP perhaps, and I would say don't be overly influenced by relatively small protests and a few people shouting outside the BBC.

More rubbish.
In the whole history of vaccines there has never been a delayed side effect. They either work, don’t, or produce an immediate side effect. Any side effects are already manifesting themselves.
So far, CDC figures show 21 anaphylactic shock reactions in 2 million people. No deaths and 75% of the people involved had preexisting history.
The risk of blood clot appears to be about 2-4 per million.
In the UK, the risk of death is 1800 per million. The largest long effect of vaccines is keeping you alive.
Start worrying about the right things and get vaccinated.
Not quite
The clotting and platelet issues are delayed from vaccination date by 5-28 days. However in the context of the OP point this is a short term rather than long term possible side effect. Not immediate though.

Advise patients to seek urgent medical advice if they experience any of the following symptoms more than 4 days and within 28 days of coronavirus vaccination
https://assets.publishing.service.g...accine_and_blood_clots_factsheet_7May2021.pdf

Not quite
The clotting and platelet issues are delayed from vaccination date by 5-28 days. However in the context of the OP point this is a short term rather than long term possible side effect. Not immediate though.

Advise patients to seek urgent medical advice if they experience any of the following symptoms more than 4 days and within 28 days of coronavirus vaccination
https://assets.publishing.service.g...accine_and_blood_clots_factsheet_7May2021.pdf
Well it depends what you mean by immediate. The research in Germany is suggesting the viral vector vaccines may have an interaction with cell nuclei. At the cellular level, that’s an immediate effect if true. Then you are quite correct, takes several days before the effects are manifest.

My point is that by now we will have seen all the effects of the first wave of vaccines. Waiting 5 years from the original post? Anybody seen a vaccine effect that doesn’t manifest itself for years? I can’t think of one.

Well it depends what you mean by immediate. The research in Germany is suggesting the viral vector vaccines may have an interaction with cell nuclei. At the cellular level, that’s an immediate effect if true. Then you are quite correct, takes several days before the effects are manifest.

My point is that by now we will have seen all the effects of the first wave of vaccines. Waiting 5 years from the original post? Anybody seen a vaccine effect that doesn’t manifest itself for years? I can’t think of one.
Very loosely sort of with circulating vaccine-derived polioviruses (cVDPV) although that is a result of not enough vaccination in a population and indeed shows a classic example of what can happen if not enough people are immunised.

The oral polio vaccine (OPV) that has brought the wild poliovirus to the brink of eradication has many benefits: the live attenuated (weakened) vaccine virus provides better immunity in the gut, which is where polio replicates. The vaccine virus is also excreted in the stool, and in communities with low-quality sanitation, this means that it can be spread from person to person and actually help protect the community.

However, in communities with low immunization rates, as the virus is spread from one unvaccinated child to another over a long period of time (often over the course of about 12-18 months), it can mutate and take on a form that can cause paralysis just like the wild poliovirus. This mutated poliovirus can then spread in communities, leading to cVDPVs. As mentioned above, the cause of cVDPV is low immunization rates. So, the best way to prevent them and stop them when there is an outbreak is to vaccinate children.
GPEI-Vaccine-Derived Polioviruses

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom