My Video7 26incher is broken.

warhorse

Standard Member
Reaction score
Had the set for 3 weeks and very happy with it indeed but unfortunately it's developed a major fault as you can see in the attached photos. I've got in touch with them and I'm waiting for them to arrange to pick it up now.
Has any other owners of the Video7 or the Sonix or even the Goodmans had similar faults to this one?
Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_0044.JPG
    IMG_0044.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0043.JPG
    IMG_0043.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0042.JPG
    IMG_0042.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 123
Warhorse,

Looks like your screen's having the same problems as this Sonix user here:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193616&page=59&pp=15

Look at post #883.

Goes to show, not only do Video 7 and Sonix use exactly the same screens, they die in the same way too ;)

Sounds like you were probably better off with the Sonix though mate, people having problems with them are simply taking them back to Sainsburys for an immediate straight swap or refund.

Ben

warhorse said:
Had the set for 3 weeks and very happy with it indeed but unfortunately it's developed a major fault as you can see in the attached photos. I've got in touch with them and I'm waiting for them to arrange to pick it up now.
Has any other owners of the Video7 or the Sonix or even the Goodmans had similar faults to this one?
Cheers

Yep this is exactly what happened with my Sonix yesterday. Took it back to sainsburys and got a refund, as they didnt have any more stock.

Have just decided to buy the Sharp LC26GA5E instead, for £50 more.

Shame cos I thought the Sonix was good value for money.

Looks a fairly commen fault then.

The Sharp LC26GA5E looks a nice set but from what I can make out has no DVI input so would be no good to me.

Exactly the same boat as me, looked VERY attractive, but without DVI, and the d-sub only accepting 1024x768, it's useless....

Bilbob said:
Exactly the same boat as me, looked VERY attractive, but without DVI, and the d-sub only accepting 1024x768, it's useless....

Yep this nearly put me off, but as I'm using it as a bedroom TV, i figured the chances of me using sky HD up there are low, and for £550 its the closest pricewise to the sonix i could find.

Besides it has component input, so if the rumours are true and Sky go that route to start with, it should provide me with a few years service before HD is more widely available.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom