1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My UBYTE I doesn't work!!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by PGL, Mar 19, 2003.

1. PGL

PGL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Made up the UBYTE I Interconnect last night and must have done something wrong. I can hear mains hum through my speakers and can hardly hear the vocals. Stripped off the Sheath and braid as instructed then as the copper sheath was about to come off I wrapped it in PTFE tape before putting on the heatshrink. Then terminated using the Shark phono plugs from Maplins.

I'm sure this is a problem as at present I only have the solid core connected at either end, effectively giving no no screen which surprised me in the TNT article. Any ideas how to cure this?

:confused:

2. themadhippy

themadhippy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have you a link to the project as i can olny find the ubyte speaker cable?
    you dont always need a screen but you do need at least 2 cores one for signal (center pin of phono)and a return(earth),id guess connecting the foil at either end to the outer contact of the phono plugs will cure the proplem

3. PGL

PGL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep here's the link. It's about half way down the page:

http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/diyce2.html

Even thought about running a wire round the outside to the outers a la the x series of interconnects, what do you think. I think the foil is a bit flimsy to do a lot with.

Cheers

4. PGL

PGL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Take that back about the foil. Managed to solder it eventually and all's peachy now. Cheers for your help.

:smashin: