My TV just blown up, & just got a refund for my 360. I have a dilemma. Help!

guycoombs

Hi all, got a bit of a dilemma. Yesterday I took my 4 month old premium back for a refund to upgrade to a Elite this weekend. So after much fighting and moaning at Game they gave me a full cash refund of £280. So I go home last night and my 3 year old TV gives up the ghost (sods law huh?) so now I'm at a crossroads. I can by my Elite as per planned, but have to wait for a new television and play the Elite on a portable CRT television for a month or 2. Or I take the money use it towards a nice new TV, then get my Elite in a month or 2?

What do you think I should do?

Skiprat

Novice Member

guycoombs

TBH the TV wasn't that great, it was an old technosonic 32". I would say I could get a new one for about £100, so I don't see the point in claiming.

Skiprat

Novice Member
Say it was a really good one and blew up that badly all that is left is some ash:devil:

ProphetRNG

What was the basis for the refund?

rikki2ks

Get the Elite and the TV on a credit card and pay it off in full in a month or two. The interest will be minimal on one month as the first one will be interest free :thumbsup:

guycoombs

When I first bought my 360 I was very worried about the overheating problems & I wasn't sure about buying it. I was told by the very pushy salesman that Microsoft has solved the over heating problem with new insides and mine was one of the new ones.
I argued this point when I took my 360 back with the red ring of death & after much talking with the manager and dropping said salesman in the rubbish he agreed the refund, but it wasn't easy.

Thanks for the input guys. Looks like I shall be getting the new TV first, then the Elite on next month payday.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom