My TV just blown up, & just got a refund for my 360. I have a dilemma. Help!

guycoombs

Hi all, got a bit of a dilemma. Yesterday I took my 4 month old premium back for a refund to upgrade to a Elite this weekend. So after much fighting and moaning at Game they gave me a full cash refund of £280. So I go home last night and my 3 year old TV gives up the ghost (sods law huh?) so now I'm at a crossroads. I can by my Elite as per planned, but have to wait for a new television and play the Elite on a portable CRT television for a month or 2. Or I take the money use it towards a nice new TV, then get my Elite in a month or 2?

What do you think I should do?

Skiprat

Novice Member

guycoombs

TBH the TV wasn't that great, it was an old technosonic 32". I would say I could get a new one for about £100, so I don't see the point in claiming.

Skiprat

Novice Member
Say it was a really good one and blew up that badly all that is left is some ash:devil:

SkilledNutter

What was the basis for the refund?

rikki2ks

Get the Elite and the TV on a credit card and pay it off in full in a month or two. The interest will be minimal on one month as the first one will be interest free :thumbsup:

guycoombs

When I first bought my 360 I was very worried about the overheating problems & I wasn't sure about buying it. I was told by the very pushy salesman that Microsoft has solved the over heating problem with new insides and mine was one of the new ones.
I argued this point when I took my 360 back with the red ring of death & after much talking with the manager and dropping said salesman in the rubbish he agreed the refund, but it wasn't easy.

Thanks for the input guys. Looks like I shall be getting the new TV first, then the Elite on next month payday.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom