my tv is ****ed fuming

andy2322

Prominent Member
Reaction score
2 days ago my tv screen got smashed so i put a claim in with my insurace company and they sent the form out next day.so what will happen next what will they do for me?I know they will not repair the screen as it just cost to much.my tv was a GT50 50" paid £1300 back in october last year,also my home cinema center speaker is not working as this fell first then the tv landed on it :mad:.LG BH9520TW cost me £700 from richer sounds in june last year.
any advice would be great :thumbsup:

What insurance company did you go with, and what policy. You're asking for advice but aren't exactly giving enough information for people to work with.

What insurance company did you go with, and what policy. You're asking for advice but aren't exactly giving enough information for people to work with.

axa insurance including accidental damage.all i want to know is will i get no lower spec then a gt50

so insurance company are sending me a panasonic 50" GT60 as a replacement.what i need to know is do they need to arrange a 5 year warranty with this new tv as my GT50 had a 5 year warranty

I wouldn't think so as you've had the set almost 1 year...but why not ring them and ask about it.

I wouldn't think so as you've had the set almost 1 year...but why not ring them and ask about it.

Could be worth asking, a 5 year warranty is only actually a 4 year warranty. The first year is covered by the manufacturer, so technically you hav'nt started using your extended warranty policy if the tv is less than a year old.

See my post on GT60 owners thread - I've got a similar problem with my 4 month old GT60, was smashed by my 3yr old daughter last weekend.

Insured with Axa, GT60 has just been collected for "inspection and report" (fairly obvious, big star shaped smash in screen!) and I also had the Panasonic 5 year (actually it was 5+1 when I bought it in May) and I'm curious to know how you handled this with Axa and whether they provided the 5 year warranty as well?

Obviously if they 'repair' my GT60 and put a new panel in it, then the warranty remains (same serial, same unit, etc.) but if they replace it then unless they pay me cash and I can buy again from a local dealer doing the 5 year warranty then I'm going to lose out.

Did they just send you a new model, did they give you the cash to replace it, and what's happening with the warranty? You're a few days ahead of me so curious to know.

Thanks.

Shades

See my post on GT60 owners thread - I've got a similar problem with my 4 month old GT60, was smashed by my 3yr old daughter last weekend.

Insured with Axa, GT60 has just been collected for "inspection and report" (fairly obvious, big star shaped smash in screen!) and I also had the Panasonic 5 year (actually it was 5+1 when I bought it in May) and I'm curious to know how you handled this with Axa and whether they provided the 5 year warranty as well?

Obviously if they 'repair' my GT60 and put a new panel in it, then the warranty remains (same serial, same unit, etc.) but if they replace it then unless they pay me cash and I can buy again from a local dealer doing the 5 year warranty then I'm going to lose out.

Did they just send you a new model, did they give you the cash to replace it, and what's happening with the warranty? You're a few days ahead of me so curious to know.

Thanks.

Shades

hi tv is coming direct from hughesdirect so no cash for me but i did provide them with the paper work and it stated it had a 5 year warranty.i phoned them up they said they do not deal with warranty's.i will keep on with them tomorrow becuase i'm not happy.

Let me know if you get any joy with the 5 year warranty - as I'm expecting to have the same battle next week.

Thanks,

Shades

In theory unless you visit the Pana store in person you should not get the Pana guarantee as its for in store deals only . unless the supplier has a "work round" for this scenario ?

hi tv is coming direct from hughesdirect so no cash for me but i did provide them with the paper work and it stated it had a 5 year warranty.i phoned them up they said they do not deal with warranty's.i will keep on with them tomorrow becuase i'm not happy.

Good luck with your smashing replacement ;--)

Bit of sound advice - buy a screen protector with velcro straps on the back - can be bought in various sizes with standard or anti glare coating. Absolutely fine for day to day use. I have used mine to great effect over the last two years and have saved my KRP500 on many occasions over the last two years with my boy who is four in the next month. I only take mine off when watching anything remotely HD and when he is in bed or at the grandparents. SD i don't bother with taking it off. Takes 30 secs max on or off.

For the sake of £100.00 or thereabouts it really is a no brainer.

Saves needing to constantly clean grubby hand and fingerprints also... (except on the shield itself of course)

;)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom