My TV dangly wire solution

ThereIs0nly0ne

This may be something you can use for your setup if you suffer from dangling wire syndrome from the TV.

Cable tidy - Board made from 6mm MDF, rounded wooden edging then covered with blackboard vinyl with speaker cloth stretched over the top and stapled to the back.

I screwed a couple of wooden batons to the wall behind the panel starting 3cm lower than the bottom of the TV. I screwed/glued a couple of wood pieces on the back/top of the panel to allow it to rest on top of the batons (measurements here needed to be accurate). To hold the panel in place, there are small velcro pieces stapled to the back of the panel and to the batons. It slides into place and is a nice snug fit with no gap between the bottom of the TV and the top of the panel.

Given the panel is fairly light, it may be possible to just staple lengths of velcro to the back of the panel and on the batons and push into place. I wanted some extra security so opted to use the blocks to ensure everything was lined up as well as I could get it. This approach also meant less velcro needed to be used and therefore less likelihood of pulling the batons out of the wall when removing the panel if they weren't completely secure.

I'm sure there are alternative ways to do this but it has worked well for me.

ThereIs0nly0ne

ThereIs0nly0ne

ThereIs0nly0ne

5saladz

Awesome solution!

ThereIs0nly0ne

Fella55

Can you let me know what cabinets they are? And where you got them?

ThereIs0nly0ne

Can you let me know what cabinets they are? And where you got them?
Certainly. They're Besta units from Ikea. These were bought some time ago and I'm not sure of the availability of the metal sub-frame / legs now unfortunately. I didn't fit the backs to these and left them open to allow a degree of ventilation to the components they store (thread below for reference).

My lounge (for general lounging around in)

ThereIs0nly0ne

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom