My Trusty Panasonic TX-P50GT50B needs replacing - no idea what to get!?

Just to update on the replacement TV journey over the since the plasma TV went pop …

The refurb 65 A85 was returned due to it having a really poor panel. I then looked at getting the plasma repaired but after paying £40 for diagnostics it was confirmed one of the chips on the main board had failed, it was no longer available and even if it was too expensive to justify repair. I then managed to grab a great deal on a 77AG9 at Costco for £2400. The panel and TV were great however I did struggle a little with the size for watching sports / regular TV (For movies it was great). I was also wrestling with having to babysit the panel and not watch cricket. Finally a crazy deal came up at Costco on a 65xh9505 for £743 so I grabbed one and thought I’d compare it to the AG9. After a week of testing and viewing content side by side with the AG9 I returned the AG9 yesterday and have settled on the 65xh9595. I was very impressed with the picture quality, value for money and having no oled burn in concerns and delighted with the final decision. Yes it was an extended journey with a fair bit of effort but thanks to @Dodgexander and other members on this forum (and Costco‘s deals / returns policy) I ended up with a great TV at a amazing price that meets my requirements perfectly! 👍

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom