1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my toshiba tv has packed up, need advice on new set

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jumbopants, Aug 25, 2003.

1. jumbopants

jumbopants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I've had my 29" dolby pro logic toshiba tv for about 7yrs, and it has started to go light and dark while you are watching the tv, very strange but yet very annoying, decided that it's not worth a repair and to just buy another, I am going to go for a large rear projection set and the Toshiba - 50WT29 looks like it's best value for the money at 1464 from Robertsons http://www.hostu24.co.uk/live_website/get_product_details.asp?P=112692

My question is has any one seen this set cheaper online ?? I know Tosh are bringing out a new range of set very soon just saw them down the local comet, do you think the old range will get any cheaper, I do want to buy the old set as they have dvb built in and have dsp sound, I was going to buy on my Barclay card to get the extra 12 months warantee, do you think they will give the extra guarantee ? as they have alot of exclusions, like when I purchase a 300 pound digital camera they said they would not cover it, when I then asked where does it say that on there site, I was told there is not a list of exclusions on there web site you need to ring us when you have puchased for clarification, which I think is quite poor,

I would go down the local comet and pay 2199 if I thought I could get the money back, with the Barclay card price diference refund ?? Does anyone have any experience with the this and do you think they would refund the diference ??

Many thanks for any replys, or advice

2. jumbopants

jumbopants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
  3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    i have never had a problem with household goods on the BC extended warranty! The price match is not to be abused though so why not try your local John Lewis as they are very good...(so i have heard)

4. SuperFly

SuperFly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't post often but i had to in this case!
    www.rgbdirect.co.uk

£1455 inc delivery

£1789 gets you 57"

£1821 gets you 61"

You can thank me in your will :D
    Good service from these people too.