1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Tosh' - RIP

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by conington, Sep 22, 2004.

1. conington

conington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Just wondered if anyone had encountered this problem .... For the past few weeks my Toshiba (forget the model but it is a couple of years old (510E?)) seems to briefly pause sound and picture ( 1 or two seconds only) several times throughout a film, I finally gave up last night whilst watching Star Wars as during the film it probably paused approx 8 times. I've now ordered a Tosh 340 (looks great for the money) but don't want to get rid of "old faithful" if it is a common problem with an easy fix.

Cheers

2. phlix

phlix
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Was it an original or copy you were watching. If its a copy, there lies the problem. The cheap dvd player at work has the same problem. It seems to be caused by the disc heating up. Does the problem occur throughout the film or about two thirds of the way through?

3. conington

conington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    All films are originals (Region 1 and Region2) and the pauses seem to start pretty much immediately, the funny thing is they seem to come in pairs i.e. a pause for one second and then almost immediately another short pause, outside of that the frequency of the pauses varies. Could it be that the player needs a clean (is there such a kit?)

Thanks for the help