1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Tosh has started to humm - Help!!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by ikon66, Jun 15, 2005.

1. ikon66

ikon66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Had my 30" Toshiba Stasia 30WL46 since Easter and when I was playing with the picture settings I started to get a humm from the back - right of the set.

Is there a fan in the tv? if yes why has it not been on before?

Any other suggestions welcome

Cheers

2. Rob Sheep

Rob Sheep
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Join the club. I've had a 37WL56p for the last three weeks and it has been hummmming since I first switched it on. Write down the batch and serial number and call Toshiba customer services on 08704 424 424 and discuss the issue with them. I've had an engineer out twice to this. It is a faulty mains transformer board inside. I've written alot about it on various threads and I'm not the only one to have this problem. Let Toshiba know, they should do something about this as there are too many people suffering with it. I know other Tosh LCD owners and they are getting this problem...

I hope that this helps? :lesson:

3. ikon66

ikon66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    cheers rob

will give them a ring in the a.m.

Paul

4. SMooV

SMooV
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ikon66

When you were playing about with the picture settings, did you increase the backlighting? I have the same model, and have noticed that more backlight = more hum!!

If you did turn it up, turn it down again and hope that its that simple. If not then youll probably be heading down the same road as Rob Sheep!

Si.

5. ikon66

ikon66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    smoov, I had actually tuned it down and that caused the humming, tuning it back up stopped it :thumbsup:

thanks for the input

6. tools

tools

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 27WL56p its only three weeks old and already has a two problems I have codes flashing up on it 5 to 7 times a day and the sound has a buzz on it. I have had an engineer came out and said it has a mircoprocessor fault on it. I am now going to send it back and get a new make and set alltogether not to sure which one to get but anything has to be better than this!

7. Rob Sheep

Rob Sheep
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tools, Ikon66,

The buzz is a problem and Toshiba should be contacted about it, as far as they are concerned there should be no buzz. I've had the bar codes but for some reason that has now stopped. If you have these sets try and play nonanamorphic dvds, I can't play any so I'm having to reorder many dvds from overseas, its pleased my wife no end, I dread to think what the payback is going to be for this!

I'll let you know how things turn out if you need any further info let me know. :clap: