My thoughts on Dynaudio Acoustics BM6A's

Please forgive me, I've heard these things and in the right room, which is a relatively big one, they are awesome. I reckon you'd need about 4metres wide at least.

They probably would but at least they have built in parametric EQ to help, or at least that is my hope.

Nasty peak at 36Hz what to do ?

2217722.s.jpg

Cheers
Bry

Only other choice is swapping back where rack is but that gives a bad peak at 63 hz.

Sounds like you have a natural room resonance at somewhere around 63Hz or 125 Hz and the 36 (ish) Hz is a sub-harmonic. If alternative placement is not possible then you might consider a tuned trap or two. E.g.

http://www.customaudiodesigns.co.uk/basstraps/basstrap.htm

If you have the space it is possible to make one out of 4 inch drain pipe and a testing bung to tune it. A quick calculation shows for 36 Hz you'd need about 9.5 metres! However it can be looped back on itself.... For 64Hz it would only need to be aound half this length and so on. Or there are numerous other DIY designs if you are handy. The commercial traps are expensive and I have serious doubts you'll get very much improvement at these very low frequencies without using several of them. Conventional absorption simply isn't an option, it would need to be several feet thick to have any effect this low down. You could eq it but this is much better avoided if at all possible due to ringing effects and phase shifts.

Yes tks, why yer interested in the spare SE10 stand ? ;)

I have changed my system quite a bit and now have 6 x Quad 11L's.

Aye, that's summit of a change.

Why did you not like the 6's?

They had an anoying hum which drove me crazy in the end.
Also I got fed up turning them off and on 1 by 1 lol.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom