My Theatre Room (7.2) and Living Room (2.0) Systems

Markie Boy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Perth, Western Australia (Originally Ireland)
UPDATED PICS IN THIS POST
Last year I posted my Living Room system in this very sub-forum (HERE) but never got around to posting my newly renovated Theatre Room. As the Living Room has changed somewhat, Ive decided to start a new thread. I kept a running blog of my HT renovation (linked on my signature) for anyone interested. Anyway enough talk, here's the systems - I'll start with the Theatre first:-

THEATRE ROOM

Equipment:-
Sony VPL-VW60 SXRD 1080p PJ
Yamaha RX-Z7 AV Receiver
Toshiba XE1 HD-DVD Player
Panasonic BD35 Modded for BR Region Free
Sony PS3 (Fat Reg A a)
Xbox 360 120GB Elite
Apple Mac Mini (as Media Player and PVR running Plex 9 and Elgato EyeTV)
Belkin PF40 Power Conditioner
Richter Wizard Front Speakers
Richter Legend Centre
Richter Legend Rears
Krix Atmospherix In-Ceiling Speakers
2 x REL T3 Subwoofers
92" 16:9 Fixed Screen

Before the renovation
IMG_01841.jpg

AFTER

Front View - Cabinet

img_1639.jpg

Left Angled View

img_1641.jpg

Right Angled View

img_1640.jpg

Lamp On

img_1651.jpg

HD media, DIY wall panels and foot stools

img_1643.jpg

Rear Speakers - Left

img_1645.jpg

Rear Speakers - Right

img_1644.jpg

Couch

img_1646.jpg

PJ

img_1650.jpg

Ceiling - Light

img_1652.jpg

Cyrus Pre XPd Pre-Amp
Cyrus 8 Power x 2
Cyrus CD8SE CD Player
Pioneer PDP-C509 50" Plasma TV
Apple AirPort Express
XTZ 99.25 (99.36 floorstanders en route, the 99.25 will end up in the bedroom, replacing the Aktimates)

DSC_1583.jpg

DSC_1586.jpg

DSC_1588.jpg

DSC_1590.jpg

DSC_1594.jpg

DSC_1599.jpg

UPDATED: Added Remote

The Brains of the Operation

Remote

IMG_1764.jpg

BEDROOM SYSTEM
Sony KDL-40HX700 with Bravia Internet
Epoz Aktimtate Minis Powered Speakers
Logitech Squeezebox Boom
Philips TSU9200 Remote
(All video fed from Theatre Room)

DSC_1580.jpg

EDIT (April 25): Added some pics of the Philips Pronto RXF6000 installed in this post

EDIT (October 11): Added some pics of my new Grado SR80i headphones

EDIT (November 8):Updated Living Room pics to reflect new additions Link to post

EDIT (January 31):Update on changes to the Living Room Link to post

EDIT (July 18):New Bedroom and Living Room images Link to post

Last edited:
Very nice setup:)

Das ist fantastish!:eek:

Wow that's awesome ! :smashin:

brillant where did you get the rack from?

2 really well assembled rooms, the living room kit is of high quality as well.:thumbsup:

Love both of those rooms, especially the theatre room, looks the business. Nice work :thumbsup:

Sam

very nice mate. the layout is very like my own room :thumbsup:

Absolutely fantastic! I like the DIY wall panels. Are they faux suede? Also, you mentioned the footstools, are they DIY aswell?

brillant where did you get the rack from?

Hey wiser. The Theatre cabinet is one I sourced via work, while the one in the Living Room came from a manufacturer in Sydney, called Everett Worthington, but I believe they may no longer exist now.

Both from here in Australia.

Absolutely fantastic! I like the DIY wall panels. Are they faux suede? Also, you mentioned the footstools, are they DIY aswell?

Hi Mitsi,
Yes it is, bought from a local fabric store. I did a blow-by-blow log of their construction on my blog if interested. The foot stools were actually bought from a local store and perfectly match the room and an EXACT match for the couch!

Last edited:
lovely setup and house :smashin: Don't suppose you no of a shop in England that sells the lamp in your cinema room the tall tube like one?

Thanks

Contact forum member THE_FORCE - he seems to think I stole the idea from him! ;)
He may know where to get something similar.

lovely setup and house :smashin: Don't suppose you no of a shop in England that sells the lamp in your cinema room the tall tube like one?

Thanks

I've got one very similiar and I'll be passing by the guy's store today. I'll pop in and see if he's got a website/catalogue.

Thanks for all the comments guys. Not sure if I mentioned it but I do plan on taking the HD media (i.e discs and cases) out of the room entirely as I do prefer a much cleaner look. I will probably buy 2 or 3 18" figures to pad out the shelf in the room.

For those of you having issue with getting the images to load, it seems my ISP tells me one of my photos was hit by the same IP 60,000 times yesterday, hence the issue (out of bandwidth). I do plan on copying all these photos over to my photobucket or facebook pages to make it easier for me to consolidate. Apologies to everyone else having issues over the weekend - it should be back to normal by Monday when they find the problem IP.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom