1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Tele is driving me MAD!!! Help please!!

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Stupidgrinner, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Stupidgrinner

Stupidgrinner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all. I'm new here and hoping you can help. My old tele blew up...but then again, it was 20 years old...So I bought an LCD TV. That was a waste of time...cos watching football was a complete JOKE!(Think I'll give LCDs another year or two) So, I resorted back to a small 24" Widescreen CRT, A Toshiba Z37B...bought online from a welsh company. I then found out that only Currys and Comet should have these...so it was obviously a return of some sort. Anyway..It can be great, but it keeps driving me mad with speaker buzz every now and then...and drag and blur watching football etc.
    Can anyone recommend the best 24" Widescreen, for digital cable connection and DVD. Budget is low..but can go around £400.
    If not 24"... will move up to a 28".
    Best review I've seen is SONY KD-28DL10U...But would appreciate your thoughts.
    Regards, Stupidgrinner.

2. davidcotton

davidcotton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    There IS a sony 24" thats a few years old now, friend at work has one and is very pleased with it. Thing IS it costs more than some cheaper 28" widescreens out there! The other thing is that it is BIG, so check measurements. The other that I've been considering is a 24" Panasonic Widescreen for about £450.00. If thats a little rich theres also a Phillips 24" (isn't a totally flat screen apparantly) for around the £300 mark.

If I were you and had the space then I would go up to 28" widescreen. More choice, better value.

3. Stupidgrinner

Stupidgrinner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Dav...funnily enough I've just been reading old Posts On the Toshiba...and guess what...I should have read them before I bought it! Its a dog!