My technika 42" 3dtv with Phillips bluray player, 3d glasses don't work

dawn mac69

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have recently brought the above from tesco's, but when I use the glasses that came free with the tv, and try and watch a 3d movie on the bluray player, the glasses don't work, I have switched the tv over to 3d on the remote, and tried side to side top to bottom etc, but still no difference, but when I view the DVD with the glasses that was supplied with the film , the 3d is fine, can anyone help me with this query, is it that I have faulty glasses, or does the glasses that was supplied with the tv only work when u view 3d on the tv, and not trough watching a film on the bluray player, please help if anyone knows how to fix this problem, as the tv deal for the technika 42" that came with the bluray player was a good deal and the picture quality seems fine, and it's full he'd, and I got it for £399, but just wanted to know if I have a full set of faulty glasses that was supplied with the tv, many thanks and any replies on how to fix the problem would be appreciated
Dawn mac

I suspect it's an anaglyph 3D Film if it's not a bluray. Does the TV have a 2D-3D convertor option in the 3D menu?

hi re 3d tv

if you are watching a old style 3d dvd with glasses that came inside the dvd disc box itself ie red /blue lens ones
its not going to work with the proper glasses that came with the 3dtv they are for 3d bluray (do not bother with dvd 3d and the red /blue glasses the 3d effect is not in the same league as 3d bluray you will see wthat when you watch one) get a proper 3d bluray
then you see proper 3d ,ive seen it working on your set and looks great you can get some cheap s/h 3d blurays at cex (hmv to expensive) they have stores all over
ps be aware there are still some older blurays that come with the red/blue glasses as well , make sure they have the bluray 3d logo on the front or back of box, (if it says glasses included dont bother thats the old red/blue ones) http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Final-Destination-5-3D-Blu-ray/27603/#Review thats what most bluray 3d cases look like
sorry to waffle on if you need any more help message me ,good luck

Last edited:
Your right the new 3D technology that come out in the last year or so are far better then the red and green glasses the old style way. A couple of years ago i brought the DVD 'Journey to the Centre of the Earth' that was in the old style . Though you can still see the 3D effect it was a kind of green and brown it wasn't in full colour like you have with the new 3D tv's.

Dave

If it is a 3D DVD (supplied with paper glasses) then it is unlikely to have a 2D version so that you can use 2D>3D conversion from the TV.

This sort of "problem" pops up from time to time (stll!) shows tha a lot of people still do not understand 3D technology or what to get/do.

You can view those analyph 3D DVD with normal DVD player and non 3D TV.
If you have a 3D TV and a 3D BD player, you may be laughed at (no offence) if you tell people that you you are viewing analyph 3D on it!
You have no fault yourself. You just do not know and it is OK to ask. Now you know!

Get a proper 3D BD and enjoy the new experience. 3D BD prices have come down quite a lot especially older copies.

Last edited:
the bluray player is phillips 3d, and the film is bluray and 3d, the fillm that I got to try the 3d out was, journey to the centre of the earth, the paper cardboard glasses that came with the film which has the colour film on them,worked fine, the glasses that came with the 3dtv does not make the screen 3d, although the tv is switched over to 3d, and it has an option to switch over to 2d,

so does that mean I have crap 3d glasses, should I go back to where I brought the tv from and ask for another eight pairs of glasses, in case the ones I have received are faulty, any help would be appreciated many thanks

have you even read the replies so far ?

if you are watching a old style 3d dvd with glasses that came inside the dvd disc box itself ie red /blue lens ones
its not going to work with the proper glasses that came with the 3dtv they are for 3d bluray
(do not bother with dvd 3d and the red /blue glasses the 3d effect is not in the same league as 3d bluray you will see wthat when you watch one) get a proper 3d bluray

to which you reply

the fillm that I got to try the 3d out was, journey to the centre of the earth, the paper cardboard glasses that came with the film which has the colour film on them,worked fine,

Last edited:
the bluray player is phillips 3d, and the film is bluray and 3d, the fillm that I got to try the 3d out was, journey to the centre of the earth, the paper cardboard glasses that came with the film which has the colour film on them,worked fine, the glasses that came with the 3dtv does not make the screen 3d, although the tv is switched over to 3d, and it has an option to switch over to 2d,

so does that mean I have crap 3d glasses, should I go back to where I brought the tv from and ask for another eight pairs of glasses, in case the ones I have received are faulty, any help would be appreciated many thanks
As already explained in almost every reply above, your movie is analyph 3D, which is viewed ONLY with the supplied coloured paper glasses.
Though it is a BD, it is NOT a proper 3D as we see today.

No there is nothing wrong with your PROPER 3D glasses.
It is just that your 3D movies is NOT a PROPER 3D movie so you cannot view it with a PROPER 3D glasses.

taken from amazon

Please note: This is not a Blu-ray 3D disc. It requires red-and-blue 3D glasses and will play on non-3D enabled equipment--you do not need a 3D TV or 3D Blu-ray player to view this disc.

sorry if you are being genuine and have made the mistake of buying this after being told it is 3d i would take it back if this is the case all 3d blu rays have 3d blu ray written on and somewhere on the case it will say requires a 3d enabled tv and or player to work if it has glasses in the box as stated above it isnt propper 3d

Last edited:
Jamess is right, you either did not read any of the replies above, or that you have difficulty understanding (dare I say they all sounded simple English to me)

Last edited:
go easy guy's,the op may have dislexia and have trouble understanding between the 2 formats,i know my misses does and she has dislexia.

go easy guy's,the op may have dislexia and have trouble understanding between the 2 formats,i know my misses does and she has dislexia.

Agreed, it's not the ops fault. It's easier for tech minded people to understand the difference but the 3D Bluray labelling is just is not clear enough for people venturing into 3D for the first time.

can i say i also have dyslexia and it has no bearing on understanding what has been written in a mental capacity just the writing of it and getting words mixed up sorry to say but i beleive the op is a troll and will never post again ( just my views on the matter )

also if it isnt on this list its not proper 3d

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Blu-ray_3D_releases

also you maybe be interested to know

A 3D blu-ray version of Journey To The Centre Of The Earth will be released on January 17, 2012

Last edited:
oh so i can't spell,what does that matter:confused:.never mind won't lose any sleep over it.

oh so i can't spell,what does that matter:confused:.never mind won't lose any sleep over it.
i didnt mean it that way i meant it takes me time to write things out due to my dyslexia and getting things jumbled up all i was pointing out is with patience and reading replies their is no need to repost asking the same question again if the op didnt understand they could just ask and say i dont understand please explain :thumbsup:. i was in no way having a go at you or anyone else :blush:

anyways lets get back on topic we have posted enough info on here now so this issue should be resolved

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom