My take on home cinema

Gorwanvfr

Standard Member
Hi just thought I would show my idea for home cinema. The projector is a Panasonic ae1000 with a 106” Dalite screen. Just got the screen about a week ago so it still has to be installed in to the ceiling.
Unfortunately I don’t have the luxury of a separate room for home cinema so the room has to be multi purpose and the wife (boss) does not want it looking like a cinema, hence the picture covering the pj.

Attachments

• IMG_1630.jpg
    IMG_1630.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_1633.jpg
    IMG_1633.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_1634.jpg
    IMG_1634.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_1640.jpg
    IMG_1640.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 321

Dextur

Distinguished Member
Hi just thought I would show my idea for home cinema. The projector is a Panasonic ae1000 with a 106” Dalite screen. Just got the screen about a week ago so it still has to be installed in to the ceiling.
Unfortunately I don’t have the luxury of a separate room for home cinema so the room has to be multi purpose and the wife (boss) does not want it looking like a cinema, hence the picture covering the pj.

The projector behind the picture is a great idea, amazed you had that depth of wall to play with to get the projector and presumably power cable etc in that.

Gorwanvfr

Standard Member
Hi Simon
I cheated there is a utility room behind the wall so a small shelf is on the other side holding up the pj. Just have to get the picture motorized, to open when the screen comes down and the pj turns on.

Dextur

Distinguished Member
Hi Simon
I cheated there is a utility room behind the wall so a small shelf is on the other side holding up the pj. Just have to get the picture motorized, to open when the screen comes down and the pj turns on.

Aha, I did wonder if the rear wall backed on to some kind of unused space. Very nice approach, the automation with screen coming down would be very Bondesq :p

Glad to see I'm not the only one who :

a) Has to have their system in front of a window
b) Has a plethora of kids toys everywhere .

:D

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom