My SVS PB1-ISD is within touching distance

sneaky

Standard Member
Hi all,

Ordered the above on 19/03/04.

Shipped on 22/03/04.

Cleared customs in Manchester 26/03/04.

They have said I will have it tomorrow.

Little amendment to Ian J's additional extras.

You pay the duty, VAT and £12.50 for BAX using some fund to pay your VAT and Duty(That did make me laugh - these people would sell there grannies to get that last little bit of cash out of you).

Anyway Sub $599 + Delivery $120 + Vat and Duty + Loan of VAT and Duty money £99.31.

All in all should come to about £500.

sneaky

Standard Member
Oh and a big thank you to the Cable King that is Mark Grant for getting a Subwoofer and Coaxial cable to me within a couple of days.

I have tried the Coaxial over the weekend. It replaced a QED of about the same price and it sounded bright and there was certainly an improvement in clarity.

Cheers Chris

G

grubling

Yeah tell me about it...ordered my SVS 20-39 on thursday, shipped yesterday....should be here by end of the week.....thats good service!!!

P.

Ian J

Banned
This time last year if anyone had mentioned SVS on this forum the response would have been "who ?"

There were a couple of brave early adopters like Steve Bate and Bone Daddy but it wasn't until the middle of last year that the SVS club took off. By my estimates about 18 forum members bought them in the second half of last year and already in the first three months of this year that number has been exceeded and it wouldn't surprise me to see 100 SVS subs being purchased by forum members this year.

sneaky

Standard Member
Grubling,

I received mine yesterday - just over a week from order to delivery.

Fantastic Service.

Make sure you keep badgering BAX.

Didnt have time to set it up last night as wife didnt get in until late and I couldnt carry it upstairs myself(what a wuss)

Had a little play just plugged it in and had a look at top gun. All I cam say so far is my god.

The guys with the bigger SVS subs - hope your foundations are up to it.

I need an spl meter - where can you get them these days.

Chris

G

grubling

Yes I need an SPL aswell so if you find out let me know!!

Paul

Ian J

Banned
The Radio Shack analogue meter that most of us have is now discontinued with a replacement due "shortly" I don't know whether anywhere has any left but Cornwallis are out of stock. They do have the digital version at £39.99 here

It is also worth putting an ad in the classified forum here as many people are happy to sell theirs once they have used it to set everything up.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom