my sub saga at an end i think just one more queryto check

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by mick23, Jun 21, 2002.

1. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    did another total reset of denon 3802 speakers small, sub set to 80hz dts level to zero everthing set to 75db with spl, played a cd using cd player, then same cd using dvd player, plenty of bass from sub , tried sphere dvd which is dd 5.1 only as my neighbours were out i got aggressive with master volume control(-10 db) then i managed to hear that sub was acctually kicking out somethink at long last, but this volume level would be far too much to watch a dvd, my query is the front display of denon facia shows dvd sterio the dd indicator is lit shouldnt display show something like dd or 5.1 is it normal for a sub to be noticible with music (which it is) and not so much so with dvd or is it dependent on the dvd being watched thanks all

2. Electric Mayhem

Electric Mayhem
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    The Display should say DOLBY DIGITAL. Have you got the amp set to AUTO so it that it picks up the signals automatically?? Press the AUTO button on the front of the amp.

Bass level can vary from disc to disc as well. With music the bass is fairly constant but for films its only every now & then, unless you´re watching a very action packed film.

3. Electric Mayhem

Electric Mayhem
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    Also make sure the dvd player is set to output a BITSTREAM signal.