1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My speaker nightmare + new Q's

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by dishdoc, Aug 23, 2005.

1. dishdoc

dishdoc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Hi all,
    I've been away with work for a while and got a nice suprise!? when i returned, whilst play fighting with my wife my daughter over balanced and fell over onto my Q5, smashing it off my av rack, putting a lovely hole in the side of the cabinet
    Anyway after contacting the insurance company, they've contacted my local retailer and authorised a pair of iQ7's as a replacement as they can't get Q5's any more.
    Has anyone heard these as the retailer doesn't stock them and will have to order them in? Will they integrate with my existing set up?Also he said if i want to upgrade to the iQ9's thats no problem, I just have to pay the difference, which I'm seriously considering.

Regards in advance,
    Dishdoc

2. skinnyfat

skinnyfat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like a conspiracy between wife and daughter there :rotfl:

IMHO, go for the iQ9, you seem to like Kef (as do I) and that would, to me, be the best option. I'm STILL waiting for the iQ series to be released here so I can get mine :)

EDIT: BTW integration shouldnt be a problem, after all, what closer match for one Kef speaker than another, Just remember to do your auto setup again to equalize them properly.

3. dishdoc

dishdoc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Thanks for the reply skinnyfat, yes I'm going to go for the iQ9 - they look quite the beast! just rang the guy in the shop and told him to order them :clap: Was just a little concerned as I always audition before I buy.Like you say though, they should integrate okay, if not then I can feel my credit card starting to quake!!! :eek:
    Regards,

Dishdoc

4. dishdoc

dishdoc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Has anyone had a listen to these new speakers? just read on another post that if you heard them you'd want to stick with the old ones :rolleyes:

H E L P :eek:

5. dishdoc

dishdoc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Hi, just been to a dealer that stocks Kef kit and had a brief listen to a pair of iQ9's and am pleased to say that all my fears have been laid to rest, can't really give a detailed account, although as I sat listening I thought to myself 'I love them!!', hopefully get mine soon and will let you know what there like :thumbsup:

Regards,

Dishdoc

6. skinnyfat

skinnyfat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Although not the iQ9 this should clear up a few doubts as to their performance

7. dishdoc

dishdoc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Cheers for that skinny - also noticed in whf this month the iQ5 rated 5 stars, and they can't wait to hear the rest of the range! :clap:

8. dishdoc

dishdoc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Hi all,
    Well, thought I'd let you know that I've just brought my new iQ9's home :clap: .Im going to set them up and run them in then I'll let you know what I think. :smashin:
    Regards,
    Dishdoc

9. skinnyfat

skinnyfat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wait in anticipation ;)