1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Sp46 is being replaced

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by philip41, Apr 23, 2005.

1. philip41

philip41
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As the title says, the reason is that the screen has got a tennis ball sized mark on the inside, at first we thought is was down to the position of the set, and the light coming through the blinds, so the other day we tried it in a different position and the mark was still there.
    So on the phone i got to Curry's, expecting to have a hard time, like i got from Comets.
    They arranged an engineer to visit, he arrived 2 days later, saw the blemish, got on the phone and arranged authorization for a replacement.
    Went to Curry's today, they have them in stock and are delivering the new set next Saturday.
    Damn good service if you ask me.

2. soni

soni
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I was actually surprised with the level of service i received from Comet - had the Tosh since January 3rd, wasn't prepared to put up with the blurring anymore, didn't keep box, ran a copy of the Sales Of Good Act and highlighted all the relevant areas, walked into Comet, spoke to the Store Manager, and within 10 minutes had an apology, immediate refund of full amount, and i've still got the tv in my lounge waiting for collection next Saturday 30th! Now how about that for service! :) Although their staff knowledge is knocked on these forums from time to time, i really don't think i could ask for a much more from a store than what i received - imagine trying to get the same outcome from an internet site! :rolleyes: I don't think so some how! :cool:

3. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498

Soni when it comes to the day of collection, swap all you neighbours door numbers around and hope for the best :smashin:

4. soni

soni
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Nice one Razor - i can tell you've used this technique in the past!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

5. philip41

philip41
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think my bad experience with Comet over my Sagem HD-45, might have been down to hte fact that i used their customer services rather than going to the store direct.
    The Knowledge of the Hove staff was very good indeed, they really seemed to know there stuff once you got them past their SALEs patter.

6. philip41

philip41
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Razor i am starting to get the impression that you are quite a bit of a dodgy character ;)

7. philip41

philip41
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Soni you say you did not have the "Box", how are you going to be packing it up for collection.
    I ask cos i have not got mine either.

8. soni

soni
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Phillip - I ain't got a clue m8! I will disconnect everything from the TV, take the TV off the stand, and then the rest is up to the collection guys! The store manager didn't ask if i've still got the box - he didn't mention anything about that so neither did i! Its not like i've lied or anything, if he had asked me i would have told him no - but seen he didn't ask - i didn't tell him!!! I don't think theres anything wrong with that now is there :D

Its a bit late for them now anyway, as the money is sitting nicely in my bank account waiting for my next investment! :thumbsup:

9. philip41

philip41
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was never asked about the original packaging either, so thats pretty much the way i was thinking, i suppose in my case they could wait for me to unpack the new one, and then packup the old one, but i doubt they have time to wait around, i have a load of bubble wrap that would do i guess.

10. soni

soni
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I wouldn't worry about it, its obviously faulty and not fit for purpose, so its not as though there going to try and re-sell it or anything, and i've just been posting an owner of the Sammy SP50L7 (which i'm thinking of getting) and he ordered his from John Lewis, and said that they delivered it, set it up, and even took the packaging away, so it can't be that much of a big deal to keep the packaging - its probably just an excuse they try and use when it suits them!

11. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498

There was no way I was going to keep the RD65's packaging. I could of put a door on it and turned it into a shed if it wasnt cardboard. :D

12. philip41

philip41
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Probably last longer than some of the Timber they use in Sheds today anyway.

13. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    LOL..... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: