My Sony TV Came Back From Repair With A Euro 2 pin Socket!

DaveH

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I put my parents Sony 32 Wega TV in for repair with the shop we bought it for for repair after only 2 years of ownership.

The shop could not repair it and returned it to us saying we needed a Sony engineer to repair it.

It ame back to us with a Euro socket on!!! It had not been added from what I could tell. I called the shop and they said that all Sony TV's have a Euro plug that goes into a UK socket plug. And they forgot to put the socket back on.

Now surely I would notice that the original UK plug was actually a socket. They are lying.

What have they done replaced the whole chassis? Is it even the same TV?

Are they telling the truth?

Thanks all.

Can you compare serials ?

Mike.

some Sony equipment is fitted with a captive two pin europlug, for the uk this is clipped into a british 3 pin plug casing it makes it a little bulkier than a standard 3 pin plug, so they could be telling the truth-but why they should have removed the 3 pin is strange. as mentioned look for other evidence numbers or familiar marks etc.

Thanks for the replies.

I should have noted the serials before it went it. Did not think this would happen...

I have the instruction manual but I don't think a serial number will be stored in it.

you probabily have a grey refurb import. Maybe the PAL tuning system will be different?

It is illegal to sell electrical equipment with a 2 pin plug in this country;there is absolutely no way a Sony tv would be sold like that here.Someone is not telling you the truth methinks.

Originally posted by Napoleon
It is illegal to sell electrical equipment with a 2 pin plug in this country;there is absolutely no way a Sony tv would be sold like that here.Someone is not telling you the truth methinks.

A LOT of electrical equipment has the euro two pin plug which as stated above is then attached to a UK style plug with a special plug,as to why they would take this off i don't know.......

I guess they may remove it if they're plugging the set into a protection transformer which has only a Euro-style outlet.

Television is almost certainly a 'grey import'. I have never known a Sony tv to have a euro plug (whether converted or not).

It is, however, common for Sony amps/ dvd players, etc to have the euro plugs.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom