• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

My Sony SXRD KDS-55A2000 is down

ArwenYang

Standard Member
Hi, guys,

I am a newbie on this site, and so does not know much about telly or electrnoic product. I have a problem with the Sony SXRD KDS-55A2000 TV, which I bought second hand when I move into my flat just 3 months ago. It was working fine until last Tuesday, it just wouldn't startup!!!!!

It happened when my flatmate was trying to connect her play station onto the TV, the TV wouldn't startup, I thought we have to adjust the setting or something, since it was working perfectly the day before. I took off the the connection of the play station, and realised it it is the problem with the TV, it just wouldn't startup. There are 2 light indicators at the lower front of the TV. First the green light at the right would lights up for a while, and I would hear noise comes out from the side of the TV when the lamp is, then the green light would be off, and the left indicator starts flashing red....:( In which, I understand indicates the light source is down. As so far what I look up and understand from the only user manual and website information, all metion the lamp needs to be reaplced. But, when I took the lamp out from the side of the TV, it looks fine to me.:nono: Have subspection it also the fan causing the problem. Have tried to call 3 Sony repair shops in Portsmouth, SouthHampton and Brighton, and none of these store is willing to help, neither of them willing to send of technical support for check up. :thumbsdow When I look up for more information I realise there seems to be more serious faulty in this make of Sony TVs, and this RPTV is currently under court case in US...... my god...:facepalm:.
There seems to be quite some experts on this website has the similar problem with this RPTV. Can anyone here have infomation about how I can possibly fix it, or where I could look for help?! :lease:

AndyCob

Prominent Member
It may be just the bulb has gone, it doesn't necessarily look obviouslly blown, the whole lamp unit can be had on ebay for a £100 or so from Japan, (don't pay Sony UK's own £300-500) or you can shave another 10-30 off if you get just a new bulb (Philips made I think) and recycle the housing but it can be a bit fiddly.

The number and timing of the red flashes indicate an error code that should give some idea of the problem, they are listed in the manual if I remember.

Of course the problem could be something other than the bulb.

ArwenYang

Standard Member
Hi, Andy,
Thanks for your kindly reply. I am going to dig more into the user manual see if I can find what exactly it is....thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom