1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Sony KV32FX65

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Ian_Savage007, Aug 16, 2001.

1. Ian_Savage007

Ian_Savage007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had my new Sony TV delivered today and the picture on it is awesome! Well impressed!

Like a lot of posts on this site, I was after a new 32" widescreen with only Nicam sound as I have a DD 5.1 amp etc. I went through the usual process and after a few 'auditions' and recommendations, decided on the Sony. I liked the stand of the FQ75, but could not justify the extra £200, for what seemed to me to be no difference in picture quality. I also preferred the picture to that of the Panasonic and even Loewe.

And the best bit.... John Lewis did a price match and I paid under £900.

2. npower32

npower32
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ian,

Both the 32FX65 and the 32FQ75 are on my final list and I plan to do a JL price match also but where did you find the FX65 with a stand at under £900 or the FQ75 at under £1,100.

3. bigH007

bigH007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, I order my Sony KV28FX65 from JL as well. I also was able to get a price match from them for<br />about £906. I trawled through the net and could not get any cheaper so I am a bit surprise you can pick up the 32" for less than £900.

4. Ian_Savage007

Ian_Savage007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, my £200 price difference was based on the &#8216;in shop price' and I decided at this point that the extra money was not worth it. The cheapest I across for the FQ was £1345.00 @ techtronics.com. LJ price matched my TV against go2camcorder.co.uk. It is listed at £860 on their site, but LJ had to add the £27.50 delivery. Fine by me. &#8211; The site does say &#8216;no stand included' but I was sent one; I don't know if this is not an issue or an oversight or what.

Saying that, the stand was not a problem for me as we have a unit big enough in the room (I still wanted it though) , and if I needed a stand this would have pushed me towards the FQ75 as the FX's looks nice but is not practical at all. Also I've never had PIP so I wont miss that, not even too sure if it works with Sky &#8211; don't think so.

I'm very happy with my new TV &#8211; Thanks to everyone on this forum for giving good solid advice.

5. Ian_Savage007

Ian_Savage007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I stumbled across go2camcorder via pricerunner.com. Make sure you have a look here whatever TV you decide to buy.

6. bigH007

bigH007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ian, thanks for that website link. I was told that JL can price match up to 28 days after you purchase a TV from them.

I will now put them to the test.