My Sony 50 inch is 8 years old...

VolusiaF5

Standard Member
Reaction score
And I feel it's time to move on. Its the KDL50W656, praised highly on these forums at the time for being good for gaming (low input lag). It still works fine but I want a next gen console so with that I need a next gen TV.
What I'm after are as follows:

55 inch, no bigger no smaller
VRR
120Hz
Low input lag
Budget £600-800
Good for gaming
Enough connectivity for 2 next gen consoles and a surround sound system

I will also need to upgrade my 5.1 surround system which only supports optical. Sadly the PS5 nor Xbox X support optical anymore so i'll need a HDMI system. I don't know much about these or if I need ARC or eARC HDMI inputs on the TV itself? But that's not of huge importance as long as it supports modern 5.1 systems.

I've heard good things about the KD55X89JU, which to me sounds like the Grandson of my current TV, being fairly budget but supports my above list, and now supports VRR thanks to a firmware update.
Anyways long story short, looking for suggestions. Maybe there's a forum secret underrated TV out there.
Thanks

that would be the tv for you yes.
you may want a firestick 4k for all the smart apps too.

And I feel it's time to move on. Its the KDL50W656, praised highly on these forums at the time for being good for gaming (low input lag). It still works fine but I want a next gen console so with that I need a next gen TV.
What I'm after are as follows:

55 inch, no bigger no smaller
VRR
120Hz
Low input lag
Budget £600-800
Good for gaming
Enough connectivity for 2 next gen consoles and a surround sound system

I will also need to upgrade my 5.1 surround system which only supports optical. Sadly the PS5 nor Xbox X support optical anymore so i'll need a HDMI system. I don't know much about these or if I need ARC or eARC HDMI inputs on the TV itself? But that's not of huge importance as long as it supports modern 5.1 systems.

I've heard good things about the KD55X89JU, which to me sounds like the Grandson of my current TV, being fairly budget but supports my above list, and now supports VRR thanks to a firmware update.
Anyways long story short, looking for suggestions. Maybe there's a forum secret underrated TV out there.
Thanks
Is the above Sony a fab picture in freeview HD ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom