My Small Home Cinema Setup

Mac Sami

Updated: Now an owner of the Samsung UE40B7000, I decided to change from the LE40M86BDX and go for a wall mounted solution, with cables running down behind the wall.

First, the original setup I had:
1.jpg

Putting the 'ultra slim mounts' on the wall. Lets the new TV hang on the mounts, pretty much like a mirror would on a wall.
2.jpg

Another shot of the ultra slim mounts. Thankfully the left hand one covers up the first hole I drilled in the wrong place ;)
3.jpg

The TV, wall mounted.
5.jpg

So far it hasn't fallen off... yet ;)
6.jpg

Behind the TV I've cut a hole in the plasterboard, and installed a brush plate, screwed onto a dry back box.
7.jpg

I've cut another hole behind the AV stand, again installing a brush plate, and running cables down behind the wall. The bottom brush plate sticks out slightly, as the gap behind the plasterboard isn't as big, so had to cut this down to size.
8.jpg

The new AV stand. I've cut a small hole in the back of it, where any cable overrun and power extension lead can go into the left hand drawer...
9.jpg

... and here is the said drawer - needing a bit of a tidy!
10.jpg

The (nearly) finished result - I need to run a couple more cables down the back of the wall, once I've got longer leads (sorry about the iPhone photo quality!)
12.jpg

Last edited:

dbs2

Banned
A tidy little set up you have there Mac Sami....... :thumbsup:

When you finally get a place of your own what will be the first thing you upgrade ??

Mac Sami

Ideally I'd like to upgrade the LCD to a 1080p Samsung, as the media PC is 1080p capable, and get a BluRay / HD DVD drive for the media PC.

In reality, I won't be upgrading anything, as despite having saved loads for a deposit plus the mortgage on a flat, I'll be left with very little spending money :(

dbs2

Banned

Ideally I'd like to upgrade the LCD to a 1080p Samsung, as the media PC is 1080p capable, and get a BluRay / HD DVD drive for the media PC.

In reality, I won't be upgrading anything, as despite having saved loads for a deposit plus the mortgage on a flat, I'll be left with very little spending money :(

Never mind, enjoy what you have and use the forums to learn some stuff for when you have a windfall :cool:

Repton

Yeah, great TV!
I always liked the Samsung LCDs. I'm just waiting for this model to come down in price! SAMSUNG LE52F96BDX 52 INCH LCD TV

Gavin C1

Nice set up, Looks neat :)

One thing though, I'm surprised that stand is able to hold that TV and all the equipment up, it looks like it's made for a 32"

Maybe a stand upgrade is in order :thumbsup:

Mac Sami

Nice set up, Looks neat :)

One thing though, I'm surprised that stand is able to hold that TV and all the equipment up, it looks like it's made for a 32"

Maybe a stand upgrade is in order :thumbsup:

Yes, the stand is designed for an up to 32" LCD, so a stand upgrade is in order when I move into a flat and have some more room. I can't remember the figures off hand, but I checked that the stand can (thankfully) take the weight of everything that's on it, and it's surprisingly stable still (my amp not being the heaviest of things tbh!).

Mildoo

Novice Member
nice setup dude, i cant see 1 wire. good stuff :thumbsup:

Mac Sami

Thanks - there are a few wires that you can see, depending on which angle you look at the TV - but I'm tidying them up as we speak, so it will look super-neat.

jolly

Great setup, the TV a real gem

:thumbsup:

Mac Sami

Have just added some more pics, and as some of you will notice, I've got the two rear speakers of the surround sound to deal with.

At the moment the audio leads for them trail across the living room by the window. Is there any way I can tidy this up / perhaps get wireless speakers?

Separately, I need some stands for my two rear speakers. They're fairly small but have threaded holes in the back of them - are these a standard, and if so, what stands would you recommend for these speakers to be housed on?

Thanks.

jolly

Have just added some more pics, and as some of you will notice, I've got the two rear speakers of the surround sound to deal with.

At the moment the audio leads for them trail across the living room by the window. Is there any way I can tidy this up / perhaps get wireless speakers?

Separately, I need some stands for my two rear speakers. They're fairly small but have threaded holes in the back of them - are these a standard, and if so, what stands would you recommend for these speakers to be housed on?

Thanks.

I would chase the wire into the wall if at all possible

jolly

I would do this, but part of the way round I have a floor to ceiling window, so it will be difficult to do this.

See what you mean, that will cause a few problems

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on UK streaming services for June 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Austrian Audio launches Hi-X65 headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku expands streaming content with Roku Originals
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for June 2021