1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My SKY Problem !

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by WC Bird, Jan 18, 2005.

1. WC Bird

WC Bird
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I have just moved to a larger house, and reinstalled my Philips wireless receiver (which worked perfectly in the old house), so I can watch SKY in my kitchen - My problem is, I can view the SKY channel, but I can't change channels, so I have to run upstairs to the living room every time I want to turn over.

As it's a 3 storey house, would the distance now affect the transmission - The main TV and SKY box is at the front of the house on the 1st floor, and the kitchen TV is at the back on the ground floor. Picture is fine, which would indicate a good signal, just cant change any channels !

Do I need a better transmitter?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

EW

2. Boy Lex

Boy Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you using the optional IR extension? (maybe it's been lost). My transmitter is nicely hidden from view and the extension lead goes round smack up to the bottom of the digibox - works a treat. If you're not using it, it is probably trying to bounce the signal off walls (unless the transmitter is facing the digibox).

3. WC Bird

WC Bird
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Optional IR receiver? Not sure about that one ! It is connected to the main telly via a scart lead. As is the receiving box. Is there something else available.. I probably haven't lost the optional receive, but having just moved house, it could be in one of 25 boxes!

Could you elaborate, and tell me where I could obtain another one.. if I have lost it that is !

Thanks

EW