My Sky HD Box is Buggered :mad:

3sgte_power

Prominent Member
Reaction score
It seems my Sky HD box has gone up the shoot. I've had it for around 20 months. Is there any standard warranty which comes with it? If so how long?

Cheers All,

Mossy

It seems my Sky HD box has gone up the shoot. I've had it for around 20 months. Is there any standard warranty which comes with it? If so how long?

Cheers All,

Mossy

The standard warranty is 12 month, which is convenient seeing as boxes go kaput just after.

Anyway ring sky and they'll say its £65 for an engineer callout, take out insurance, or get it repaired locally.

Or do what i did. Ask to go through to cancellations and threaten to leave as you're not happy about paying to get it repaired. 5 mins later. The engineer was booked and they been out and replaced my 2 faulty HD boxes.

If they fob you off just hang up and try again.

Cant promise it will work but you can only try mate.

Cheers All,

Mossy

The standard warranty is 12 months I believe.What model is it?

The PSU on a lot of Thompson HD boxes is poor quality and suffers from failures (Cheap components were used which fail after a year or two in use - erm, allegedly)

Check out Digifix for a "swap service" costing about £30 or Satcure for DIY (you need to be able to use a soldering iron) - google them.

There is loads of advice in these forums on how to do the repair and the likely benefits. Browse down a few pages and you will see you are not alone.

The guide linked to above is a really good one if you want to self repair your Thomson (which is the best option IMHO).

All the information you need to decide what is best for you is contained within this post I wrote about a year ago (lots of us have been there before you so there is plenty of help available on here if you need it).

Good luck.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom