1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Sister Has Just Purchased an Infocus LP790 Projector XGA

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Sevenscars, Jun 27, 2004.

1. Sevenscars

Sevenscars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Sister Has Just Purchased an Infocus LP790 Projector XGA for over £2500.

I am wondering if she made the right choice. Any Forum members got this? Is it the best on the market?

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Why are you wondering ?

One line of thought.........

Did she buy it for herself or for you ? what did she buy it for ? Why do you need to know ? Is she happy with what she bought ? If not tell us why she's unhappy, better still get her to register and let us hear from her......

A different line of thought......

The right choice for what/whom ?? If she did some research and came to the conclusion that it's the projector she wants then she made "the right choice"..... if she did no research and bought it as an impulse and is happy then fine. If she's not happy, then she may be using it incorrectly or (shock h orror) she may not have made "the right choice".....

The best what ?? the best projector of all time ? unlikely, imo...... The best projector for "over £2500" ? Also unlikely imo....... although it might depend what purpose she bought it for....... but even if it's not "the best on the market", if she's happy then who cares ?????

Get her to come here and tell us about it..... far easier to help when someone has a specific problem they want advice about........

On the basis of your threads here and here and your question resurrecting Calibos' AE500 thread:

.... it appears that you've been doing some research for your first projector... which is a good thing..... surprising that your sister decides to buy a projector at the same time (or maybe I'm seeing a non-existant coincidence.......).

Sean G.

3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    300/3300 lumen, XGA.........seems a reasonable data projector ;)

4. Sevenscars

Sevenscars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. That's the kind of re-assuring answer I was hoping for.

:)

5. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No problem. As you'll probably have noticed this forum predominately deals with home cinema PJs. That combined with the fact it's the weekend means replies are scarcer.

Hope she gets many years of use out of it.