• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

my simple updated setup.

Silverblack

Prominent Member
hey guys this is just an update of where i'm at now. i started off with a thread called the begining of my setup which consisted of the philips 47pfl7404 lcd followed by the philips bluray player.

i'm now a proud owner of the marantz nr1501 which i think is amazing and quite powerful aswell as sleek at the same.

the speakers are acoustic solution bookshelfs i have had these in the past and for the price they do sound really good especially through the marantz. these are a stop gap until i get the speakers that i really want but they are sufficent for my needs for now.

anyway enough talk heres some pictures.:)

soljiv

Established Member
Surely that chimney breast is crying out for the TV to be mounted on it???? Nice looking TV mate :thumbsup:

Silverblack

Prominent Member
Surely that chimney breast is crying out for the TV to be mounted on it???? Nice looking TV mate :thumbsup:

i would actually prefer it to not to be there at all but as its a council flat theres nothing i can do,:mad: i would rather my setup be there in place of it instead.

as for hanging the tv on the wall i prefer all my stuff to be on the unit.:)

Silverblack

Prominent Member
i did a thread called update of my setup, where i brought a marantz nr1501 which was a really good amp but gave up the ghost after 4 months. so i ended up replacing it with the sony str-2400es which i have to say i like alot.

heres how my system stands at the moment ps3 and the wii are at the missus.

Attachments

• IMG_0851.jpg
    IMG_0851.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 1,158

Silverblack

Prominent Member
Nice setup mate.
But OT, couldn't you have updated your existing thread rather than start a new one?

yea i tried to do that but it said that the thread was closed and i'm not to computer savvy, if you could explain how to update a thread i would appreciate that.

Iccz

Distinguished Member
yea i tried to do that but it said that the thread was closed and i'm not to computer savvy, if you could explain how to update a thread i would appreciate that.

I've merged the two threads for you.

If your thread becomes older than X days in future you can still post to bump it back up, there is a tick box above the submit button that says the thread is older than X days and asks you to confirm you understand this - it's just a way to stop spammers (although it seems to hinder members more than anything).

Cheers :thumbsup:

Silverblack

Prominent Member
I've merged the two threads for you.

If your thread becomes older than X days in future you can still post to bump it back up, there is a tick box above the submit button that says the thread is older than X days and asks you to confirm you understand this - it's just a way to stop spammers (although it seems to hinder members more than anything).

Cheers :thumbsup:

thank you for merging them together really appreciate it.:smashin:

Silverblack

Prominent Member
after having the hdmi board fail on me with the sony i got a denon 1911 instead and after owning it for a few weeks i'm loving it. i also received my bk gemini today and i'm really, really impressed with it. heres some pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0876.jpg
    IMG_0876.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 761
  • IMG_0878.jpg
    IMG_0878.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 627
  • IMG_0880.jpg
    IMG_0880.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 625
  • IMG_0885.jpg
    IMG_0885.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 672

Silverblack

Prominent Member
the denon looks good there.

How are you finding it. I am itching to update my amp.....cant decide what to get.

thanks scottlwl the denon is very, very good imo it shares the same warm sound as the marantz and the clarity is all there. i was re watching some films i robot and transformers yesterday and the sound from just the bookshelf speakers i'm using and the new sub shook the foundations in my flat.

to say i was happy would be an understatement. i used to be abit weary about denons because i have read that there quite hard to understand and setup and i see that alot of people use batpig's guide to using a denon but i find that if you read to much on the net about what people think and say sometimes it could steer you away from certain makes.

but boy was i wrong i find the denon to be easier than the marantz and sony amp it replaced and using the auddessy calibration was a piece of cake and has really had an impact to the sound quality even more.

if i was you i would try and get a demo if you can and i recommend it whole heartedly. the only thing which could be a deal breaker for you is that it only has four hdmis no pre outs one optical input but if that's not a problem for you then the pros out weigh the cons.:smashin:

Silverblack

Prominent Member
i received my panasonic 42g30 today and my monitor audio bx2's, to say i'm happy would be an understatement.:D

the picture quality on the panasonic is simply amazing and i find that it looks pretty neat in my opinion, yeah it's not pencil thin or flashy but i think it has a understated look.

the monitor audios sound good although i'm still running them in. iam also planning to get the bx center at some point, my camera skills don't represent how good the picture quality is on this tv but heres some pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0946.jpg
    IMG_0946.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 812
  • IMG_0960.jpg
    IMG_0960.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 719
  • IMG_0949.jpg
    IMG_0949.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 708
  • IMG_0965.jpg
    IMG_0965.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 757
  • IMG_0980.jpg
    IMG_0980.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 721
  • IMG_0967.jpg
    IMG_0967.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 705
  • IMG_0975.jpg
    IMG_0975.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 750
  • IMG_0983.jpg
    IMG_0983.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 670
  • IMG_0989.jpg
    IMG_0989.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 640
  • IMG_0985.jpg
    IMG_0985.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 640
  • IMG_0954.jpg
    IMG_0954.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 640
Last edited:

BrianMW

Prominent Member
Very nice mate, love the new speakers, they look cracking :thumbsup:

How are you going to fit the centre when you get it? wall mount the TV or re-arrange the shelves?

I take it there's a fair difference with the Panny over the Philips set?

Silverblack

Prominent Member
Very nice mate, love the new speakers, they look cracking :thumbsup:

How are you going to fit the centre when you get it? wall mount the TV or re-arrange the shelves?

I take it there's a fair difference with the Panny over the Philips set?

thanks for the comment brian i think and hope that the center speaker is small enough to fit in the middle of my unit i will then shift my bluray player and the xbox to the empty space on the right of the unit. as for the size difference yeah the philips was a 47" but i find that the panny looks just right without dominating my room, sometimes you want to be able to shut the tv away without it being so in your face.

if the center doesn't fit i have a center speaker stand tucked away.
i really appreicate your comment especially because you have the setup to die for and it looks like it's evolving all the time.:smashin:

Last edited:

BrianMW

Prominent Member
Cheer's mate :)

It would be ideal the centre fits where that x-box is.

I am a fan of monitor audio speakers, a friend from just up the road has a pair of Silver RX8, hell of a lot of bang for the buck's he's always telling me :) but they sure look good imo also :thumbsup:

Great reviews on the new Panny too, I think the style is much nicer now :thumbsup:

Silverblack

Prominent Member
Just purchased the bx center yesterday and set it up today. I'm very happy with my setup as it stands right now and everythings sounding nice heres some pics with the grills on and off.

Attachments

• IMG_1035.jpg
    IMG_1035.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 624
  • IMG_1055.jpg
    IMG_1055.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 612
  • IMG_1040.jpg
    IMG_1040.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 666
  • IMG_1059.jpg
    IMG_1059.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 598
  • IMG_1062.jpg
    IMG_1062.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 599
  • IMG_1056.jpg
    IMG_1056.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 620

nayha

Established Member
nice setup. what problem did you encounter with the marantz nr1501? planning to purchase 1 from RS. cheers!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom