My simple TV set-up

pabulous

Established Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share this with you. I'm in awe of the set-ups I've seen on here, and mine is probably simple and boring by comparison, but I've been working on this for ages and just recently got it the way I like. :) Excuse the crappy picture quality, they were taken on a DSi.

HNI_0077.jpg

And from another angle:

HNI_0081.jpg

In the photo:
Panasonic TH-42PZ85BA
Sony BDP-S350
Wii
Xbox 360
PlayStation 3

I was watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer at the time in case you were wondering. You probably weren't.

All I need now is a universal remote, a sound system and a wireless network adapter for the 360 (to save dragging an ugly ethernet cable across the room). I also plan on making some aesthetic enhacements; a light on the small table next to it, and a canvas on the wall, for example. Working part-time means these things come very slowly. :(

It's the third iteration of Nintendo's handheld console, the DS. :) And yes, I think the audio setup is first on the agenda.

Hey, is that the Ikea Besta TV bench?

What's the little stand bit under your TV?I'm going to IKEA tomorrow for some bits for my new student place.

Cheers.

It's the third iteration of Nintendo's handheld console, the DS. :) And yes, I think the audio setup is first on the agenda.

Doh, oh yeah I was a bit thick then as I knew about the Nintendo DSi :suicide:

Got to say though, for a 2009 product the camera should be a lot better, even if it's not a primary function of the unit.

Hey, is that the Ikea Besta TV bench?
It's actually the Lack TV bench. A steal at £34.26 (and sister's 15% discount :D).

What's the little stand bit under your TV?I'm going to IKEA tomorrow for some bits for my new student place.
The top is from an old Lack coffee table I had, the legs were bought separately and screwed to it. I wanted the TV higher, and it left a nice little gap for extra storage.

Last edited:
Doh, oh yeah I was a bit thick then as I knew about the Nintendo DSi :suicide:

Got to say though, for a 2009 product the camera should be a lot better, even if it's not a primary function of the unit.
Indeed. It's really only a novelty feature on the DSi. I shall be getting a smart phone soon so that should have a better camera. It wouldn't really be worth it for me if I got a proper one.

Better picture, taken on my new iPhone :D (the slight blurryness is due to my shaky hands and not the phone, I took a picture of my dog and that was fine!). Only cosmestic changes have been made, with the canvas and lamp.

TVsetup001.jpg

Updated set-up, in a different place in the room, with a new TV:

011-1.jpg

Unfortunately I still haven't got round to getting a sound system, I have to say I'm not really that fussed!

Looks great, nice and simple. I hate clutter so this is ideal, but seriously, you need a sound system to complement that set up :smashin: .

very nice minimal but effective, just need sound set up :)

Recommend one then guys, I'm a complete newb when it comes to audio. I really don't want to spend a lot either, keep in mind I work 10 hours a week with little money to my name. :D

the logitech z-5500

Last edited by a moderator:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Those are both really nice looking, especially the Sony, but I really don't have that much to spend. :( I only make about £220 a month, heh. Would have to spend two months wages on that one! Still, thanks for the recommendations, I shall have to keep them in mind for when I get a better, full-time job. :thumbsup:

Tidy set up mate, love the little TV shelf you made :smashin:

I would recommend the Sony HTIS 100 5.1 system but only as I own one. It has 3 HDMI ins and coupled with a descent Blu Ray player or PS3 is capable of HD audio. And the speakers are tiny!

check it out Sony HT-IS100 - 5.1 ch - Home Cinema Upgrade kit: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

alz i was actually contemplating getting that for the lounge :) how do they sound though? and im ordering the logitechs for the bedroom :)

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
very nice i love the tv stand where did u get that little table from its just like one that i want

alz i was actually contemplating getting that for the lounge :) how do they sound though? and im ordering the logitechs for the bedroom :)

Sounds great to me! Blu Rays and their HD audio are just jaw dropping to hear through it!

TV's changed again so here's another set-up picture. Also threw out the 360 as I've gone off it drastically, and added the PS2.

003.jpg

Still need a sound system but part-time employment with low pay means I'll have to wait a long, long time. :thumbsdow

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom