My Setup

Discussion in 'Members DIY Home Cinema Showcases' started by StormFusion, Jan 1, 2007.

1. StormFusion

StormFusion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi Folks,

Have a look see what you think....

Just got to add skirting board, ALL wiring runs into false wall and through channeling to a cupboard under the stairs which contains the AV Amp, HTPC, Sky Box etc, the sky feeds directly into the computer which then feeds the tv, the computer also feeds a monitor next to my couch for internet surfing and selection of audio tracks to play and dvds to watch, everything is controlled via the Sky remote including remote dimable lighting, the little black dangling wire just below the tv is the remote eye which detects and transmits the infrared to the cupboard, behind the tv is 2 blue neon tubes which glow beautifully at night. Not a single wire relating to this setup is visable !. Full 5.1 surround sound with all wiring channeled and embedded in walls, 2 speakers on glass shelving to both sides of the tv, central speaker is behind tv place so it does not effect sound, 2 rear speakers are embedded behind designer posts. Bottom part of beech design is removable to access to wiring and wireless broadband router, plus hidden xbox 360, and on/off switch for hidden socket. Beech design is actually floating about 1 inch from the wall, can be easily removed for management of cabling etc.

2. Miniholic

Miniholic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +399
    Looks great.:thumbsup:

A nice original install, the wooden panel's a great idea.

3. StormFusion

StormFusion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Cheers.

Typical though, just finished and wifey wants to sell up and get another place lol. Still, Will do similiar again but learn from my original mistakes, and at same time upgrade the tv to a 40", upgrade my AV amp, buy a PS3 and fit a 100" drop down screen with projector lol