My setup

afcjay

*Latest Update on page 2*

Finally got round to getting a pic of the first stages of my av setup (sorry about the pic quality)

I still have a bit to do such sorting out the cables fixing the back on the unit etc

Im also looking to replace the speakers in the near future but as it stands,im quite happy with the setup.

007.jpg

As it stands in the pic,the setup is as follows

Panasonic TXP42x10

Yamaha RXV 765

Yamaha YDS11 ipod dock

Panasonic DMP BD60

Tannoy custom F1 fronts

Tannoy custom F4 rears

Tannoy custon Fc centre

QED cables

Last edited:

afcjay

picked up a few Cambridge Audio seperates (A1 Mk3 se amp,T100 tuner and CD4) which will do until for the time being and tbh dont sound to bad (want to replace with a Marantz 6003 cd and amp) but new speakers are next on my list

Im currently looking at Monitor Audio BR5 and BR2s or the BX range if funds allow along with a switch for the 5s so they can be used with my stereo setup

Anyway will get some new pics up asap :smashin:

Last edited:

afcjay

Thanks for the replys.

Knowing when to stop is the problem :laugh:

Now i think i have the tv/speakers and seperates in the right place its a case of fitting the back on the unit and buying some plastic conduit and cable ties etc and hide as much of the cabling as possible

Still undecieded as to wall mount the sreen or not though :rolleyes:

Just a few pics of the begining of my stereo setup :smashin:

myavandflat005.jpg

myavandflat011.jpg

myavandflat007.jpg

Last edited:

FactoryPilot

Standard Member
Nice setup.

Also slightly amazed you were able to take pictures of it while the F1 was on. Spa was non stop, thoroughly enjoyed the racing this weekend, great season.:D

afcjay

Thanks for that.
Was a good race i must admit

New floorstanders and centre speaker being delivered today (fingers crossed) so will get new pics up as soon as i get them setup :smashin:

afcjay

Well this is what turned up on wednesday :thumbsup:

myavandflat008.jpg

myavandflat032.jpg

myavandflat029.jpg

myavandflat034.jpg

Been running them in and love the results so far the improvement over the Tannoys is night and day.

Next on the list is a pair of BRFX rears :smashin:

Last edited:

afcjay

Thanks,it was a toss up between walnut and the black ash but think i made the right choice

The pictures dont do them justice to be honest the finish is really good and quite matt looking tbh and not glossy as the pics make them look (due to the flash)

They have alot more punch and great detail compared to my F4s.Cant wait until they are run in :D

Ill try and get some better pics up of the front setup complete in natural light :smashin:

Last edited:

alchemistkevin

Good choice of speakers -- Guess what I got last week ;)

Did you sell your old ones on eBay? fetch a good price?

Your current setup looks good but wall mount the screen if you can - almost always looks better IF you can hide the cables otherwise your current setup's better.

Looking forward to see whacha got coming up in the future :D

BanderasSedmica

Novice Member
Well this is what turned up on wednesday :thumbsup:
Been running them in and love the results so far the improvement over the Tannoys is night and day.

Next on the list is a pair of BRFX rears :smashin:

Afcjay, nice addition to your setup. Could you tell us which Monitor Audio are these ? I'm trying to find something very similar, yours look nice :smashin:

afcjay

Good choice of speakers -- Guess what I got last week ;)

Did you sell your old ones on eBay? fetch a good price?

Your current setup looks good but wall mount the screen if you can - almost always looks better IF you can hide the cables otherwise your current setup's better.

Looking forward to see whacha got coming up in the future :D

Thanks,i have noticed a improvement over the Tannoys for sure and am very happy with them.
What are your views on yours?

I sold the F4s for £165 now im going to put the F1s and Fc centre up for sale and get the BRFX rears

Ive got a wall bracket for the screen but am looking into fixings as where the tv is now,the chimmney was removed and its a hollow wall

As for the future,the BRFX rears are first on the list then i will be adding a turntable and replacing the cambridge audio seperates with the Marantz 6003 amp and cd :smashin:

Last edited:

afcjay

Afcjay, nice addition to your setup. Could you tell us which Monitor Audio are these ? I'm trying to find something very similar, yours look nice :smashin:

Thanks
Sorry,the floorstanders are Monitor Audio BR5 and the BR LCR centre

I got a good deal on them as the BR speakers as they have been replaced by the BX range but would recommend them for sure depending on what receiver or seperates you have or are thinking of getting

afcjay

Heres a pic how my front setup looks to date.
Didnt get time to tidy the cables :blush:

av004.jpg

av001.jpg

Last edited:

Linx08

Very nice, good to see Dario on the box too :D have you tried placing your centre 'in the centre' so to speak to see if it makes a big difference??

Nice setup.:smashin:

Kind regards,

Linx

afcjay

Thanks Linx,

I am thinking of wall mounting tv so the speaker can go on top of the unit but the problem i have is where the screen needs to be mounted,the previous owner has removed the chimney and there is nothing behind the plasterboard to fix to :facepalm: (i even have the bracket.should have checked before buying it :blush:)

So untill i can sort out the mounting of the screen im stuck with the centre speaker where it is

afcjay

Thanks Kevin

Yes,that would be the other option infact the unit i have is a bit on the small side tbh.

I really wanted a unit the width the speakers are apart so i may look into that option although i would prefer the speaker on top of the unit.Not just because it would be cental but i dont think im getting the best from it enclosed on the shelf although it sounds ok to me,im sure it would sound alot better

Other than that i could mount the centre speaker above the screen although i think it would look a bit odd???

afcjay

Well,had a bit of time on my hands today so look further into mounting the screen and there is nothing at all to mount to behind the plasterboard :thumbsdow

So as i dont have time to do any major work eg removing the plasterboard and puting a frame in etc i took the easy option and went shopping

Came back with another 600mm unit to add to the 1200 unit which has solved the problem regarding the screen/centre speaker plus gives me more storage :smashin:

I think the unit looks better a bit longer anyway plus it hides the cables :thumbsup:

myav008.jpg

myav005.jpg

myav004.jpg

Last edited:

BrianMW

Ah, that looks much better! :thumbsup:

More balanced looking! very nice :)

Maybe even space in there now for the stereo equipment should you wish?

Good job though:)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px8 headphone
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky set to launch its plug-and-play Sky Stream solution
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 26th September 2022