1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My screen slowly turns blue...

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by dougbryson, May 5, 2001.

1. dougbryson

dougbryson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks,

My Hitachi C24W1TN widescreen TV has recently started doing a weird thing. A couple of minutes after switching it on the blacks slowly turn blue/grey across the entire image.

This occurs on both analogue TV and on the RGB scart input from my Nokia OnDigital box and Sony DVD player.

The strange thing is that I can cure the problem by switching the set to standby for a couple of seconds and then back on again. The blacks become black again and stay that way. Weird.

Should I be worrying about this and getting an engineer to check it out? It doesn't look like the tube's about to go kaput - I've only had the set about a year and a half.

Any advice appreciated...

Doug.

2. matthew jenner

matthew jenner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am not an epxert on this matter, but you may need an engineer to come out with a coil to wave accross the front of the screen to de polorise it or something like that,if you have an extended cover i would get them out cos it must be well anoying.

3. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    This set in question has caused a few headaches in the past.
    I think you'll find it's to do with the tube set up. I think there is an overvoltage somewhere driving the tube too hard. There is also a modification for those sets, again tube related. Sorry I can't be more specific, but it's from memory.
    But whatever, I'm afraid it's going to need to see a TV doctor. :)

4. dougbryson

dougbryson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice guys. I'm checking to see if it's some non-magnetically shielded speakers that has something to do with it but if not then the doctor will be called...

5. Powerhead

Powerhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its probably your de-gauss coil or circuit that drives it.