Question My Samsung RU8000 died, looking for a similar one

Host84

Novice Member
Hi all!

My Samsung 55' RU8000 give up on me while I was playing Warzone. Samsung is refusing to repair it but amazon is happy to give me a full refund.
paid: £569.00 I think it was on offer at that time.
Currently, I'm using it for NETFLIX, AMAZON PRIME, YOUTUBE, and PS4. also, I play videos which are in avi, mp4, mkv, mov. But I never watch any Standard Tv channels.
Which TV would be best for me?
I was thinking 55" would be ideal.
Price, ideally under £600.

So the Tv's I been checking now every day but still, I can't decide.

1.HISENSE 55U7QFTUK Quantum Series 55-inch 4K UHD HDR Smart TV with Freeview Play, and Alexa Built-in (2020 series), Silver [Energy Class B] £599.00

2.Samsung 55" TU7100
HDR Smart 4K TV with Tizen OS [Energy Class A+] £479.00

3.Samsung 55" TU8000
HDR Smart 4K TV with Tizen OS Black [Energy Class A] £549.00

4.LG 55NANO796NE 55"
4K UHD HDR Smart NanoCell TV - Black color (2020 Model) [Energy Class A] [Energy Class A] £499.00

5.LG 55UN81006LB 55'
UHD 4K HDR Smart LED TV with Freeview HD/Freesat HD - Light Grey Pearl color (2020 Model) with Alexa built-in and Magic Remote included [Energy Class A] [Energy Class A] £599.00

Maybe not important but the tv will be on a wall mount which is easy to turn sideways.

Any advice gratefully received.

Dodgexander

If you want a similar spec TV, and a slight improvement try to aim for the Sony XH9005 as a minimum, also sold as the XH9296. There are refurbs sometimes here if you need it cheaper:

Other TVs are downgrades in motion (60hz panels) or a downgrade in contrast and blacks (LGs use IPS panels at 55").

See here for all the best buys:

Samsung RU8000 is mid tier, so you want that or higher.

Host84

Novice Member
If you want a similar spec TV, and a slight improvement try to aim for the Sony XH9005 as a minimum, also sold as the XH9296. There are refurbs sometimes here if you need it cheaper:

Other TVs are downgrades in motion (60hz panels) or a downgrade in contrast and blacks (LGs use IPS panels at 55").

See here for all the best buys:

Samsung RU8000 is mid tier, so you want that or higher.
Unfortunately the XH9296 is way over my budget. And there isn't any refurbished one for sale now.
I understand that all from my list would be a downside, but do you think for my needs it would be enough?
Or should I wait for a Sony price drop?

tvdavid

prb I would go with HISENSE 55U7QFTUK on the list next best on that list.

vickster

Distinguished Member
From the guide
LG 55Nano86 / 55Nano85 - Cheapest avenue to true HDMI 2.1 ports and 120hz panels. Dolby Vision HDR and wide colour gamuts. LG differences here: LG_TV_LineUp_chart_2020_v1.0.pdf

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
And there isn't any refurbished one for sale now.

The store is often, but not always, refreshed on a Thurs/Fri, but you have to be quick.

how about the LG 55NANO866NA 55 Inch?

Unless you need wider viewing angles, that TV has an IPS as opposed to a VA panel and I'd try to avoid that if possible as they have poor contrast, uniformity and blacks compared to VA panels.

I play videos which are in avi, mp4, mkv, mov.

If you were watching all those file formats via USB stick, be prepared to possibly be disappointed with a new TV. A lot of TVs now play less audio and video formats than they used to, a firestick running Kodi can fix this though if it's a problem.

Dodgexander

LG TVs use IPS panels, see my last message here:
There is also the Samsung Q70T at 55" which isn't a downgrade compared to your TV, but it also may be more expensive. Its not as good value as the Sony XH90/XH92.

I know the Sony is out of budget, that's why I suggested the Sony refurb store. Its going to be impossible otherwise really to match your current TV in quality.

Maybe consider stepping up in size to the 65" TCL 8 series (C815). That TV uses a 120hz VA panel like your current TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom