MY samsung LE40M61B

Chowyunfatt,

Now you got me excited with this set.
This weekend I'm going to see side by side the Sammy, the V40 and the Pio(Plasma).
I hope to get things clearer.
I already seen the V40 and it was good, but PQ was not what I hopped for... Hope the Sammy is....
Good to know your picky, and been searching longer than me.....

Bigrick

I'd be very interested in your findings as I am considering the very same options as you!

Please let us know your observations.

And where are you going for the demo?

Regards

Looks like I'm just going to have to order one of these, however can anyone help with wall mount info.
I notice that ADC's is mounted on the stand from his pics posted here. I would be considering a flush wall mount for mine - Can ADC or Chowyunfatt tell me how the cables look at the back of the set? - Do they angle downwards, or straight back? In particular the component inputs as these look like they could protrude from the back of the set from the copy of the user manual I have downloaded which would force me to mount the set further away from the wall than I'd like.

Monster,

I'm going to a local reseller (and friend) where I can slowly test the sets. He has arround 6-7 different models on display, and I can change the setting at will.
Last week I saw the V40 with standard TV. I was comparing with a Philips 9967 (Plasma) and the philips was much smoother on panning images. The V40 seemed like it was struggling to keep up. I guess pixelplus 2 does some wonders too.
This week he should have received the Pio and the Sammy. Also the Philips 9930, but he wasn´t sure.
I'll post my conclusions later on....

I just sent Futurehomes an enquiry email about this (as they stock it).

REPLY :

We have no notification from Samsung that the LE32M61B will be available
in the UK but, if it is, it will be all black with 5000:1 contrast as
opposed to 3000:1.

Regards
Ian - Futurehome

EDIT : Beaten to the punch by Monster, below ^_^

And the difference in contrast rating.

M51: 3000:1

M61: 5000:1

Rather than the ratio, I would prefer to know whether the blacks are blacker as opposed to the whites being 'brighter' (higer lumens?) thus giving a better contrast 'score'.

Its the ability of the panel to block light to render black that will make the picture better in a room with low ambient light. AFAIK. ;)

newmiyamoto said:
I just sent Futurehomes an enquiry email about this (as they stock it).

REPLY :

We have no notification from Samsung that the LE32M61B will be available
in the UK but, if it is, it will be all black with 5000:1 contrast as
opposed to 3000:1.

Regards
Ian - Futurehome

EDIT : Beaten to the punch by Monster, below ^_^

So I wonder what Komplet are selling to their UK customers.......and what would be the effect on the warranty... :confused:

I'm lost here - Komplet are selling the 51 as advertised. The question was when is the 32" 61 coming out and what's the difference (which I beleive has been answered).

You buy a 51 you get a 51 with a 51 warranty..... Yeah??!!

JAK said:
I'm lost here - Komplet are selling the 51 as advertised. The question was when is the 32" 61 coming out and what's the difference (which I beleive has been answered).

You buy a 51 you get a 51 with a 51 warranty..... Yeah??!!

Yup.

As far as I know that is a UK spec screen. The email that futurehomes sent me seems to reinforce that view.

Now if only we had a date on that M61 or at least a (impartial) comparison ^^

Have any owners of this set tried to hookup a PC via DVI-HDMI ? and if so will it take it's native res ? failing that what about over VGA ?

Also...does it have any fans ? and if so are they noticable over normal dialogue ?

Lastly...does it have discrete buttons for the various inputs ? or do you have to cycle through them ?

Have seen the Sony V40 which was nice but just seemed a little lacking for some reason and didb't have me reaching for my CC straight away.

Hope to see the Sammy in action soon ?

Cheers, Lee

ADC said:
AGS,
No digital tuner on this model. Ill try again with the pics.
Seems strange that it doesn't have a digital tuner - they also omitted one from the LE40R51... shame really... wait there... just noticed a LE40M61BX on the Samsung website - does the X suffix mean it has a digital tuner?

Jak,
All the connections at the back come out at 90 degrees to the screen. Not sure how you go about wall mounting it.
Loonatic,
You have to scroll through the various inputs to get the one you require. But it only scrolls through the ones that you have a device connected to. E.G if you dont have anything connected to the pc input or the component sockets it misses them out. Hope that makes sense!

The wall mount i got was a about 25mm thick so the set sits tight to the wall, where the cables go in there is a cut out for a bit more room but it is tight overall.

I put every connection to it and it all fits. If you need SVideo make it a bit longer out of the wall as the connection is near the side.

Looks nice on wall.
PC with VGA set to 1360 * 768 60hz looks like it fits the screen perfect to me, no stretching or distortion.

PS2 with component 480p (god of war) looks very good colors, blacks and whites all excellent. Also (GT4) 1080i the white title screen nearly blinds you :)

Hope this helps

I am looking to buy a 37- 43" TV and saw both the sammy 61 and pioneer 436XDE side by side on HD material yesterday.

And to my Surprise! (In my opinion)The sammy actually has a better picture quality.

Both sets have dynamic, vibrant and lifelike pictures. The colour saturation is also exceptional.

However the dark scene resolution is clearer, fine details are sharper and you can follow fast movements easier without losing definition on the sammy

The only area that the pioneer is better in PQ wise, is the 3D picture depth (and this may well be to do with the thickness of the glass contrast screen)

Has anyone compared the Phillips 9830 with the Sammy
or Pioneer.?

Does the Sammy 61 have the best PQ?

Northerner76 said:
Seems strange that it doesn't have a digital tuner - they also omitted one from the LE40R51... shame really... wait there... just noticed a LE40M61BX on the Samsung website - does the X suffix mean it has a digital tuner?
I've had a look through the specs and the manual, which is the same as for the non-X model, so it doesn't look like it has a digital tuner... shame.

Giblets2 said:
I've had a look through the specs and the manual, which is the same as for the non-X model, so it doesn't look like it has a digital tuner... shame.
Yeah - that and the fact that the unit seems to be available only from future home for £2.2k is enough to put me off... specially as no-where has it first hand to view in the flesh.
Looks like it will be Tosh 37WLT58 or JVCDS6BJ

My local Sevenoaks in Staines will have it on display I'm told later this comming week...no idea what the price will be...but I assume other branches may also have it on show.

I also emailed Samsung to confirm about the digital tuner and it doesn't have one...which is a shame.

Cheers, Lee

Northerner76 said:
Yeah - that and the fact that the unit seems to be available only from future home for £2.2k is enough to put me off... specially as no-where has it first hand to view in the flesh.

thats because samsung said it will be out in the shops at the end of oct.
when i emailed them about this model.
and its now the end of oct. so they should start hitting the shops and other places of retail..

shame its all black tv thou... :(

I am considering getting this model but in this forum Samsung LEXXX seems to get more problems, getting worrried now . . .

So far, do you have any problems in this model ?

could someone with a LE40M61B comment on this:
* how is analog picture quality
* would size difference coming from a 42" plasma be very noticeable?
* does PIP work with xbox/dvd player/digital tv?
* how are black levels?
* does it make a noticeable sound? (fans)

lapino,
* analogue picture isn't brilliant
* Never owned a 42" tv so i cant really comment other than to say i notice a big difference having stepped up from a 36" TV
*I haven't set up the PIP as yet
*Black levels are excellent
* my set runs silently.
Hope this helps.

Hi ADC,

Is analogue picture is that bad ? is it a big difference compare to crt ?

Thanks,
Ronald

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom