My Samsung LE32R88BD has a CMO panel what should I do?

J

jimbobsam07

My LE32R88BD TV purchased Tuesday has a CMO panel not a S-PVA. What should I do the pic quality seems ok but is the S-PVA panel that much better? I have checked my receipt and Currys will only take it back unopened.

Has anyone got any advice?

To be honest I'm feckin furious that after buying the brand new model Samsung it has the supposed inferior panel attached!

I plan on buying the r88 or the 87 but now I'm scared in case i get stuck with one :(

If i where you i'd go back and say that the item doesn't match the features listed and try and get a replacement

Btw is the tv any good? can't find any good reviews or pictures of it.

You should be able to get a refund from curry's as they have given other people with the R73 series refunds for the same reason.

I plan on buying the r88 or the 87 but now I'm scared in case i get stuck with one :(

If i where you i'd go back and say that the item doesn't match the features listed and try and get a replacement

Btw is the tv any good? can't find any good reviews or pictures of it.

TV set is brilliant great looks and a lovely blue neon boomerang type light under the screen. The buttons on the set are all touch control also like the PS3.

Now the screen issue, the CMO although not meant to be as good as teh S-PVA still looks great, so I may keep it. I only have one stuck pixel at the top left corner of the screen and the Backlight bleed is minimal. The blacks on this do look incredible, but you can get some ghosting if you crazy with the extreme high blackness settings.

Xbox 360 and PS3 look fantastic with no ghosting/red bleed.

One word of warning the set has so many detailed picture set up options like, black levels, gamma correction, DNie, Noise reduction, and several colour contrast, colour hue auto programme settings and a movie mode that I was up till 3am just playing with picture settings on my xbox 360. I will have to do the same again for my PS3 also. Not to mention a gaming mode whioch increases horizontal sharpness/refresh rate and a separate HDMI black level gauge option. You can also alter backlight settings from 1-10, tahts on top of having a power save option.

great set but the options for picture alteration are just mind boggling. Its good to have choice but blimey do we need this many? My old samsung HDTV just had brightnes, contrast, sharpness and colour.

TV set is brilliant great looks and a lovely blue neon boomerang type light under the screen. The buttons on the set are all touch control also like the PS3.

Now the screen issue, the CMO although not meant to be as good as teh S-PVA still looks great, so I may keep it. I only have one stuck pixel at the top left corner of the screen and the Backlight bleed is minimal. The blacks on this do look incredible, but you can get some ghosting if you crazy with the extreme high blackness settings.

Xbox 360 and PS3 look fantastic with no ghosting/red bleed.

One word of warning the set has so many detailed picture set up options like, black levels, gamma correction, DNie, Noise reduction, and several colour contrast, colour hue auto programme settings and a movie mode that I was up till 3am just playing with picture settings on my xbox 360. I will have to do the same again for my PS3 also. Not to mention a gaming mode whioch increases horizontal sharpness/refresh rate and a separate HDMI black level gauge option. You can also alter backlight settings from 1-10, tahts on top of having a power save option.

great set but the options for picture alteration are just mind boggling. Its good to have choice but blimey do we need this many? My old samsung HDTV just had brightnes, contrast, sharpness and colour.

Congrats on ur purchase. Do you have any plans on connecting this on a pc via dvi->hdmi?

finally a voice of reason regarding this matter. Im glad you are happy with your new tv jimbob. Can people finally start to realise that maybe the cmo panel samsung are using is just as good as any other panel they may use. I would love to start to see some reviews and pictures of the new samsungs r88 without the immediate worry and paranoia over what panel you got......

Any chance of a few pictures jimbob....

finally a voice of reason regarding this matter. Im glad you are happy with your new tv jimbob. Can people finally start to realise that maybe the cmo panel samsung are using is just as good as any other panel they may use. I would love to start to see some reviews and pictures of the new samsungs r88 without the immediate worry and paranoia over what panel you got......

Any chance of a few pictures jimbob....

Maybe I was taken ina bit by teh CMO paranoia, but the set is great and the picture is fine. F1 on the PS3 looks like a TV broadcast at times especially from the onboard camera settings it looks that good.

Glad to hear its decent, i was getting worried about buying one. whats happened with the stuck pixel? has it fixed itself yet?

Was wondering if this tele supports 720/1080i resolutions?

You can share your happiness here
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=513056
Or get a confirmation about others experiences there.

My S-PVA (Sony) panel is very bad with the HALO problem, creates disturbed boundaries between different colours, or dirty boundaries or blotchy colours at the edges. Others described it as double line contour or ghosting. And yet Sony didn't have answer about it.
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360101
Tbh for me this HALO problem is unbearable.

That's my experience with S-PVA, I don't know about CMO, I can not give comment.

_

The newer CMO's are ALOT better than the CMO3 panels in the R73.

Also the R8 series are not sold as having S-PVA panels, so you can't do anything about it. From what I have seen this weekend, the CMO6 panel looks alot better than the CMO3, If I had a CMO6 and a S-PVA in a room with default settings, unmarked, it would be hard to tell them apart.

Its only R73's which where sold as having S=PVA that didn't that could warrant an exchange/refund.

Hey Guys Listen Up!!!

I had a 32" R73 which I have to say was pooh, it had the CMO panel. Poor Picture quality I sent it back because it wouldn't pick up D TV correctly.

BUT NOW

Dixons had stopped selling that model and replaced it with the LE32R88BD

Its AMAZING:eek:

This one come with the S-PVA panel and its is so clear, crisp, blacks are as black as can get and so fast! i have never seen another LCD like it. It makes and I don’t know how but it makes normal Digital TV look HD.

I would recomend this TV to anyone, Just thought i would let you all know. any questions just ask.:thumbsup:

I have a 32R87 being delivered tomorrow so will see what panel the TV has and more importantly what the pic quality is like. I plan on taking photos of the set in action the same way I did when I got my Sony S2010 a year ago to gauge other peoples opinions as well.

If I'm not impressed with the TV it's going back under the Distance Selling Regs and I'm getting a Sony 32V2500.

I am on the verge of ordering a samsung le32r88bd from dixons online - take it its the best deal atm for this ?

pls can someone tell me, am i guaranteed to get a S-PVA panel ?

I see this thread was created back in apr so wondering if things have changed now ?

TIA

I am on the verge of ordering a samsung le32r88bd from dixons online - take it its the best deal atm for this ?

I see this thread was created back in apr so wondering if things have changed now ?

TIA

Mine's just arrived today :smashin:
I'm still at work though :thumbsdow
20 Mins until I Get to go home to see it :rolleyes:

My son bought a samsung with a cmo screen which looked great, a really impressive picture. Having read the comments on the cmo, he changed it for one with an spva, which was not nearly as good. He then went back to the shop and got his original sammy back. :eek:
I guess all's well that ends well, and in the end if it looks better to you then it probably is better for you, regardless of others preferences.

TIA
why are people panicking over the panels, as has been stated the newer "CMO" panels are not like the older ones, what I suggest regardless of panel is check it for dead pixels, clouding/backlight bleed, calibrate it using the settings in the R86/87/88 thread then sit back and enjoy :)

Curly

Just got one of these the other day for £400 for use with my Xbox360 and it is brilliant the games have never looked so good, also using it as a PC monitor as well, though I think that will take some getting used to, does anyone else use theres for that maybe they could share their settings, Im using DVI-HDMI.

Just got one of these the other day for £400 for use with my Xbox360 and it is brilliant the games have never looked so good, also using it as a PC monitor as well, though I think that will take some getting used to, does anyone else use theres for that maybe they could share their settings, Im using DVI-HDMI.
Do you have a link to where you got this set at such a good price?

sorry chose a random quick reply. and i went through the whole 'onerous' registration procedure just to put my 2 cents to the mighty Samsung LE32R88BD. i bought 1 about a year ago. lovely TV. looks and sounds like a million quid, but in no time' i realised just how pathetically slow in responses it is. it requires at least 2 seconds to flip channels one after the other between them. my earlier Korean cheap brand was instantaneous, and so was my previous even cheaper korean ASDA brand. what's going on here??? insurance paid in full monthly n they don't have an answer... enjoy

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom