My room needs help!

Madders

Hi Guys,

The time has come (after some repairs and the addition of a bedroom) to look at sorting out my room's poor acoustics.....

I have a "loft" style apartment, the living area measures 26' x 16' and has 10' ceilings (although there is a small alcove at one end of the long wall with the opposite end having a short corridor). The floors are hardwood floors and the walls/ ceiling are painted plasterboard. Along one wall runs a window 18' long and 4'5" high (with bespoke fitted Venetian blinds). I have 2 large wool rugs which are 10'x6' each.

Acoustics are awful with echo and a not very pleasant sound to music and movies with most detail seemingly being "lost". I am looking for asthetically pleasing room treatments and ones which don't cost the Earth that benefit both stereo and home cinema.

What do you guys suggest :)

mattym

Banned
what dont you like? Do you want flat in fabrics you can choose or do you want funky?

Madders

I would like fabrics I can choose and no weird shapes ;) My room is painted a creamy,beige,"Praline" colour so colours to compliment those such as coffee's and browns would be good :thumbsup:

mattym

Banned
Madders said:
I would like fabrics I can choose and no weird shapes ;) My room is painted a creamy,beige,"Praline" colour so colours to compliment those such as coffee's and browns would be good :thumbsup:
anything is possible!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more
Top Bottom