1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My REVIEW of Toshiba PF3 36ZP48P

Discussion in 'TVs' started by bboy-mass, Aug 25, 2004.

1. bboy-mass

bboy-mass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    ok guys, its review time.

I got one, i got one ......lol :clap:

Looks:

Very nice silver finish, looks much better than the one I looked at in John Lewis over the weekend. My TV looks lighter colour of grey that the shop one. But that may be there shop lighting. Its 4.5 KG heaver that the PF2, and my backs also proof of that. It took a while to shuffle it from the hall (where the delivery man left it - Sorry mate, Im not insurred to help ya) tossa.

Picture:

No visible problems. TV reception via my arial was as the PF2 (crap) but pipe cable into it, and the picture is about the same as the PF2 (very,very nice).

The real surprise came from feeding DVD into it. I dont care what anyone says, this ACTIVE VISION is better than the PF2. It looks almost 3D, and the
    black levels (once I used Digital Essentials), was stonking. Dawn of the Dead 2004 (R3 Jap) looks amazing.

Sound:

DD sounds the same, but I dont use it anyway (I have me Tag and Rotels to handle sound my house), and the set comes with external front speakers and rears as standard (no stand mounts).

Picture bluring:

It may be because its day time, but I think the vaper trail issues have been ironed out. I cant remember if my old PF2 showed this defect during daylight hrs???? But theres no convergence issues on my set (as far as I can tell).

Stand:

Not got one yet? But pictures show 3 glass shelvs.

The shop forgot to deliver it. Its a good job I dont use TV stands, as I would be very upset. Its being delivered tomorrow.

So there you have it. I love it. :thumbsup:

Any more questions, just ask guys.

Looking forward to StarWars now, only 2 weeks to go. :D

Regards
    Mass