1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Review of the HS10 (one for our Irish members)

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Comer, Feb 3, 2003.

1. Comer

Comer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    The city (which shall remain nameless) that I visited to view the HS10 has been going through a rough patch for the past couple of weeks. The news reported armed police have been posted on the streets to combat this situation. But it was nothing like I had expected. Also, to protect his identity, the owner of the HS10 has asked me not to name him in this post, so we shall call him “Cramer”

We reached the city just as night fell and the first thing that struck me was the darkness and the silence. All the streetlights were out and there was absolutely no traffic. As we drove in the Dublin road we switched off our lights so as not to attract attention to ourselves. In the dim light we could see the dark shapes of cars and other vehicles strewn at each side of the road like burned out toys. In the night we heard the pat pat of distant gunfire. I weaved this way and that to avoid the huge craters in the newly built road. I rolled down my window and a crazed old man shouted, “The end is near!” “No mate” I thought, “it’s here.”

When we reached the city itself, it was worse. Most of the buildings were in ruins and I swear at one point I saw Tom Hanks and Matt Daemon running, crouched, between two burning buildings. I’m almost certain I heard Tom shout something about saving Mattie Ryan (he owns a small newsagents on the outskirts of the city)

We turned onto a badly damaged bridge and headed for Cramer’s house. As we got closer to his house it became more and more difficult to navigate through the abandoned vehicles so we left the car and continued on foot. We crouched behind an upturned car and I whispered, “what a waste.” “Why?” my wife asked, “It’s only a Mini Metro.”

“I mean the whole city,” I hissed.

Although, she was right about the Mini Metro. I owned one that had an alarm once and it broke down more than my brother that's in the mental home. I asked the salesman, “Why have an alarm on a Mini Metro?”

“It’s in case some one tries to steal the alarm” he replied.

We sprinted the last few yards to Cramer’s door and when I knocked, a bloodshot eye, shadowed by a combat helmet, peeped through the spy-hole.

“Quickly, come in!” he said, casting a fearful eye across the battered landscape before slamming the door closed behind us.

The house was in darkness so I asked was there a lights ban and perhaps they had been told to tape up their windows. “No,” he replied, “the bulb is blown. Although there was a city-wide announcement banning the use of all DTS systems until this is over, but Dolby Digital is okay”

We went into the living room and he had the projector running. Region 1 Band of Brothers was on the big screen. We sat and after a few minutes Cramer announced, “It’s like looking through a window”

I turned to my wife and whispered, “Little do you know, mate.” She giggled quietly at my joke, that really was in very bad taste.

When Cramer went to make tea, I approached the screen to see when screendoor became an issue. To my shock, we were looking through the window. Cramer had forgotten to pull down the screen. When he came back we rectified this problem and watched the images the HS10 produced.

And now for my review (the main reason for this post) of the HS10: It’s very very nice.

Conor

2. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    LMAO!:laugh: :clap:

3. Spacecat

Spacecat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +907
    excellent post very funny!!

ps has anybody ever watched a film with a screendoor in it ?

1.If you did and you defocused could you still see it??

2.did the screendoor hide the screendoor

3.did you sharply focus your projector to increase the screendoor??

4. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +267
    Conor

:rotfl: :clap: More please.

5. adox

adox
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :rotfl: :rotfl:

6. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Comer,

Classic ! :rotfl: :rotfl: :clap: :clap:

The Ennis Road will never look quite the same again !

Sean G.

7. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well "holy God" :(

If that man doesn't deserve a Booker prize, who does :rotfl:

Never, in the history of war, has there been one, so brave.................

And never, in our three years here, has our house been so busy!

16, yes, 16 visitors since yesterday :eek:

That's nearly twice the amount of people I've ever met. OK, there's Gerry, Elaine, George, Newman & my folks & a couple of others.

Looks like "Cramer's" house is seen as a type of "shelter" in these troubled times here in Limerick. The Shannon is now tinted red such is the violence in our homeland.

I'm glad you liked the HS10 Conor, but can you recall where you actually were??

I only ask because, despite my vigil at our (now, lead taped) window, you never showed yesterday :confused:

So just who's house were you in??? & this chap you speak of -
    as Shaggy proclaims.......

It wasn't me!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

8. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    I think some one forgot to pull the cable out from the back of his head.

9. Comer

Comer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    I just don't want to be remembered as a one-hit-wonder :p

Conor