1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Notice: AVForums will be offline at 10pm for no longer than 30 minutes for scheduled maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
    Dismiss Notice

My REL Stata needs to be repaired.

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by DennyL, Nov 18, 2004.

1. DennyL

DennyL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have an REL Strata which has suddenly started to make a loud hum as soon as I turn it on. When I phoned REL about a repair they told me I must take it to a shop. I was hoping I could take the circuit board out and find someone who could repair it, rather than transporting the whole sub-woofer, although I haven't actually tried to take the circuit board out yet.

Has anyone had a REL repaired and can maybe recommend a good course of action?

Thank you for any replies.

Dennis

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I took mine to a shop. They didn't actually send it back to REL as they had their own inhouse repair guy.

3. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is not much that can really be looked at when opening up a sub only the amp and drive unit so they'll probably have to change out one or the other but best to take the unit to a good dealer and get them to sort it for you.

John

4. ajkean

ajkean
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How reliable are these REL's???

I have an M&K VX100, which is excellent, but I want to upgrade to something with more muscle yet retain control for music. My M&K hasn't missed a beat in the 2 yrs I've owned it from new. I'd hate to replace it with something that isn't as reliable.

So far I'm looking at the ST range. The Storm 5 looks promising!

5. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    They are very reliable. Don't forget that REL probably sell more subs in the UK than any other manufacturer and you don't hear that much about problems at all.

6. ajkean

ajkean
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that. I'm auditioning a few of the ST range tomorrow morning - looking forward...