My Q Acoustics Mini-Review

J

jasel1972

Bit of background beforehand. I wanted a budget system for mainly movies and some gaming as a second system. I had looked at most of the usual suspects without being impressed until my local sevenoaks suggested a Q Acoustics setup.
I went with the 1030 floorstanders, 1000c centre and the 1010 compact bookshelfs all in cherry finish and they are partnered with an SVS PB10ISD and running off a Denon 3805.

As I only listened to the compact bookshelfs in store before buying, I was a bit dubious to say the least but I am pleased to report this was me worrying for no reason. I am absolutely delighted with all the speakers.

I've played about 12 movies already and some music, and had them running in 2 ch stereo mode and 5.1 dd.

In 2ch stereo they sound far far greater than the price tag suggests. The low end is crisp and not to over powerful, sharp and clear mid range and smooth treble and not over powering. I listened to the whole jamiroquai greatest hits cd and some paul weller, and they performed beautifully. All in all they sound quite close to my cdm's. Very suprised!

In full blown 5.1 mode I was just blown away. Obviously the Denon did it's auto calibration and setup, but once that was done it was straight on to the movies. The dialogue through the centre is clear and accurate, not over harsh or hard to listen to like some centres can be. The Surrounds integrate supebly and the effects through them were smooth and accurate. The floorstanders just topped off what is a very enjoyable listening experience. Accurate, easy to listen to, not over harsh, integrate well with the rest of the system.

All in all, I am incredibly impressed. Yes they are not quite at the level of my arcam/b&w combo but for the money they are absolutely stunning and a very worthwhile purchace. If you are in the market for a budget setup, go and audition some as you won't be disapointed at all.

DOG187

HI ive seen a few reviews of these speakers and i have got them on my short list , im on a budget aswell and i am only looking at upgrading the front end of my system , (i have MS 903s bipolar rears ) which i like and a sony 150w sub , but the fronts are eltax evolution towers and centre, it looks like ill get the sony strd1200es amp and either the old kef Q7s or Q5,s for the fronts and the Q6 centre , or the QA 1050,s and the 1000c centre, what other speakers did you audition and do you think these QA,s will be a good step up on the old eltaxes ? any help would be great

SteveTDCI

The Q acoustics are quite large speakers, certainly when you compare them in size to the likes of the iQ5 and MA BR5

DOG187

The Q acoustics are quite large speakers, certainly when you compare them in size to the likes of the iQ5 and MA BR5

size isnt a real problem ive got a large room , the centre is a smallish size ,which fits my rack, are they any good compiared to the kefs ? have you had a listen , and compaired them to any other speakers
chears

SteveTDCI

Not compared them yet, will try and compare the 1030 to the iQ5 but size is a thing in our lounge ... think speakers are the work of the devil !!!

Psilonaught

Standard Member
anyone know how the 1030's perform up against a wall/ in the room corner?

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom