My PS4 Review and Q&A thread

Det

Distinguished Member
Only 1 account per Vita. You can set up parental controls on it though so when he's there you can change the parental controls (tho I'm not sure what all that entails as I've never had to use it).
Lol, I'll try to reword it.

I want to link this vita to my ps4 so I can use it occasionally (when lad is at his mums, Vita will stay at mine because she's anti gaming) but when he's at mine, I'd like him to not be able to pick up the Vita, and start remote playing my PS4 games without my say so.

Oswald

Lol, I'll try to reword it.

I want to link this vita to my ps4 so I can use it occasionally (when lad is at his mums, Vita will stay at mine because she's anti gaming) but when he's at mine, I'd like him to not be able to pick up the Vita, and start remote playing my PS4 games without my say so.
Why not just disable remote play on the PS4, then re-enable it only when you want to use it... all assuming your son doesn't have physical access to your PS4 to be able to enable it himself. It seems quick and simple enough to do...
https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5065

Robothamster

Distinguished Member
Sweet, sounds like a plan cheers.

Fat_Tony

Distinguished Member
Hi Det, thanks for the great thread

Could you tell me please if the lead for charging the controllers is the same as the PS3 lead?

Thanks

RedAl

Hi Det, thanks for the great thread

Could you tell me please if the lead for charging the controllers is the same as the PS3 lead?

Thanks

Its not, it's like your standard Mobile phone charging cable. Usb to micro usb is it?

Fat_Tony

Distinguished Member
Thanks, just wanted to make sure my old dock wasnt going to do the job

Det

Distinguished Member
Yah. New proprietary charging docks coming out. But also ones with the standard micro usb (which I think may eventually damage the ports)

meweavy

Distinguished Member
Yah. New proprietary charging docks coming out. But also ones with the standard micro usb (which I think may eventually damage the ports)
Why would they danage the ports?

Last edited:

Lin3ar

Distinguished Member
Wake up Det and answer some questions :boring:

What is the stock situation like in the States post launch? Sold out everywhere or have more units been shipped in?

Cheers mate:thumbsup:

Det

Distinguished Member
Why would they danage the ports?
Cuz it's a tiny socket and the controllers aren't as light as they used to be. So I think if you keep putting it in those charging docks that have it suspended off the micro usb (some have it resting on the dock properly) then they could wiggle out like some phone ports do with the micro usb.

Det

Distinguished Member
Wake up Det and answer some questions :boring:

What is the stock situation like in the States post launch? Sold out everywhere or have more units been shipped in?

Cheers mate:thumbsup:
No clue bro. I haven't seen any on store shelves tho since I got it at launch.

Amazon said they'll have some stock in December for one of those first come first serve thingies.

I think it's fairly scarce atm.

As it should be. They are launching in the EU this coming week and probably rerouted all additional stock there.

Dizzle77

Not sure if this has been answered yet, so apologies if it has.

Was just wondering about surround sound output. I take it the usual DTS and DD are supported out the box? Also any idea if PS4 supports PCM output?

Oswald

Was just wondering about surround sound output. I take it the usual DTS and DD are supported out the box? Also any idea if PS4 supports PCM output?
The PS4 online user manual says PCM is the default audio output format, but does not mention what the other options are... a quick Google suggests that both DTS and DD are supported though. :)

Det

Distinguished Member
Not sure what PCM is but there were like 3 or so settings for sound and dolby and dts were there.

Would have to look to confirm the other but I think it is PCM now that I think about it.

Dizzle77

Thanks guys. Looks like it's PCM for me then.

Not long now for us Brits. From what I've seen I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into BF4 and Resogun. Just hoping I'm not one of the unlucky minority who ends up with a DOA :/

Det

Distinguished Member
FYI:

The controller vibration function works really well. Almost too well. After a long session of COD SP last night and completing the game I noticed my hands were numb. .. lol. The vibration function might be a little on the strong side.

It's really good for the immersion but holy crap my hands felt crazy after that long session.

After using the DS4 for a few weeks now (cuz you can use it with the PS3) I can't imagine playing with another controller ever. It's that good.

RedAl

FYI:

The controller vibration function works really well. Almost too well. After a long session of COD SP last night and completing the game I noticed my hands were numb. .. lol. The vibration function might be a little on the strong side.

It's really good for the immersion but holy crap my hands felt crazy after that long session.

After using the DS4 for a few weeks now (cuz you can use it with the PS3) I can't imagine playing with another controller ever. It's that good.

If that vibrate function is so effective i may just stick it down my shreddies for a cheap thrill :cool:

meweavy

Distinguished Member
If that vibrate function is so effective i may just stick it down my shreddies for a cheap thrill :cool:
i better buy a spare controller if my missus finds out about the warp 10 vibrate on the ds4.
she is already running my batteries down on her blue invader.

windoesnot

Not sure if this has been asked, can you use the Vita simply as an additional game pad for PS4 gameplay

Det

Distinguished Member
Not sure if this has been asked, can you use the Vita simply as an additional game pad for PS4 gameplay
You can use it as a second screen for another player if that's what you mean?

Foster

Distinguished Member

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

T+A announces high end 200 Series audio components
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Trinnov Altitude update adds new features
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Panasonic TVs welcome Disney+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audio Research announces I/50 integrated valve amp