My PS3 still cannot 'see' Tversity...Help!

PAUL7331

Ive tried it time and time again...and it just cant see it! Ive done a search for media servers and still nothing. Strange because I can connect to the internet via wireless no probs at all.

Ive read that I have to allow tversity media.exe to be enabled in the firewall settings, but my firewall is OFF..well when I try to get in to my firewall it says something like ICP IS NOT ENABLED, and when I try to enable it it does not let me (I take it thats another issue alltogether though?)

Is there anything that I could be doing wrong?

rpbartlett

Standard Member
i had the same issue and it was windows firewall that was stopping it even tho i had put all the executable exceptions in the list. When turned it off it picked it up straight away. If your windows firewall is turned off you should get a red circle with a whiet cross on the bottom right of your screen telling you its off. chances are it is on. try accessing the firewall through its own option in control panel not through security centre.

PAUL7331

i had the same issue and it was windows firewall that was stopping it even tho i had put all the executable exceptions in the list. When turned it off it picked it up straight away. If your windows firewall is turned off you should get a red circle with a whiet cross on the bottom right of your screen telling you its off. chances are it is on. try accessing the firewall through its own option in control panel not through security centre.

Yeh Ive tried accessing it in control panel, but it wont even allow me to turn it ON OR OFF... :confused: Maybe theres a fault/virus on my PC!?

llol_slim

Yeh Ive tried accessing it in control panel, but it wont even allow me to turn it ON OR OFF... :confused: Maybe theres a fault/virus on my PC!?

You could try this (from yahoo answers <-unsure if linking is allowed)

Every time I try to access my firewall settings there is a message that says due to an unknown problem windows firewall settings cant open.Why is it doin this?
This may cause because a virus or Malware corrupts SharedAccess registry key, which represents the Windows Firewall Service. To fix this problem, re-set firewall by following these steps:

Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.

At the command prompt, type the following command line, and then press ENTER:

Rundll32 setupapi,InstallHinfSection Ndi-Steelhead 132 %windir%\inf\netrass.inf

Restart Windows,

Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.

At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

Netsh firewall reset

Click Start, click Run, type firewall.cpl, and then press ENTER. In the Windows Firewall dialog box, click On (recommended), and then click OK.
obviously stage 6 you can leave it off. Might be worth running virus checks etc if this works.

PAUL7331

You could try this (from yahoo answers <-unsure if linking is allowed)

obviously stage 6 you can leave it off. Might be worth running virus checks etc if this works.

Thanks mate, will give it a bash later!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom