My PS3 is gathering dust due to lack of use.

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by BYF, Sep 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BYF

BYF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    As a gaming platform I've hardly looked at my PS3 for the last 2-3 months, I had motorstorm and resistance from launch which i enjoyed, although i never fininshed motorstorm it got boring and repetitive fairly quickly.

Ive not bought any games since, theres been nothng much out TBH that I haven't already played on 360 or thats worth my time.

Insted I've been playing God of War 2 on my PS2 and Gears of War, Forza Motorsport 2 and now Bioshock, Halo 3 (next week) on my 360.

What big games are due soon on PS3 other than PES 2008 (as i buy that game every year).

So far for my £425 ive played 2 games! and i'd only call one of them almost great (resistance).

My PS3 gets far more use as an upscaling DVD and BLU-RAY player, but i'd rather be gaming on it.

I Loved the PS and PS2 but the 360 seems to have a lot of great games around at the moment and the PS3 has none.

Hopefully this will change, but when?

2. ocelot20

ocelot20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +131
    Well its going to change from around the end of this month as there will be some great games out for PS3.

FIFA 08
    Pro Evol 08
    Socom
    Unreal Tornerment 3
    HAZE (witch IMO looks better than Halo 3)
    Oblivion GOTY Edition
    Stranglehold
    Burnout
    WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008
    And then early 2008 you have Metal Gear Solid 4 (witch has been rumerd it might come out in 2007.)

3. Tokoloshe Man

Tokoloshe Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +454
    There's been a few new games recently:- Warhawk, Heavenly Sword, NHL 08, Tiger Woods 08. There's the new Fifa next week and plenty of upcoming games, keep the faith.

4. BD Ashby

BD Ashby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    I realy like my ps3 and 360 the same but what realy :censored: me off about the ps3 is the amount of games that get delayed.

I cant be bothered to wait for them to get released so i just go and get them on the 360. I just wish the ps3 games could stop being delayed.

5. Jonstone

Jonstone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +546
    Heavenly sword really is worth a try, either buy it and then resell it like I did or rent it.

Its a short game but enjoyable from start to finish.

6. Tazbot

Tazbot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,278
    Stop moaning and sell your PS3. If you haven't got the patience to wait then why complain about it. Stick with your 360 and be happy.

Mod Comment

I appreciate that some people don't like the fact that these types of threads are becoming common now. However everyone has a right to voice their opinion as long as it's within the context of the forum rules. I do think the wording of your comment was a bit harsh though.

7. fuzzybee

fuzzybee
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    this type of post is really annoying me now, it's clear the ps3 has plenty of decent games out and people don't need to post a thread on what is coming out. A little research will find that out as would reading the ps3 section of this forum, it just seems to me people are attempting to start a flame war with this type of post.

If people aren't happy with what they have or can't be bothered to wait just sell it and move on, you don't need anyone to tell you or to justify it.
    Make a decision of your own back for a change or indeed a little research or god forbid actually reading some threads about whats coming out on this very forum instead of posting this rubbish :boring:

allegedly the ps3 has no great games out atm, i'll just say hhhmmm what ever horses for corses

8. Billy Hunt

Billy Hunt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    Why couldn't you have just added your post to this post did it really warrant a new thread
    :boring:

9. Tazbot

Tazbot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,278

Here here - the PS3 will gain momentum.

10. Mickus

Mickus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    Looking at the weekly release schedules - it started on the 21st of this month - around about teatime.

Looking at my crystal ball - it ends again on the 14th May 2016.

11. kingbal

kingbal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    It's not gatheeing dust due to lack of use. I use mine every songle day and its still dusty - playing it doesn't blow the dust away with the fans or anything!lol:smashin:

12. mwjdavies

mwjdavies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    I love my PS3:thumbsup:

(just thought i'd add my 2 cents!!)

13. BD Ashby

BD Ashby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Hold on mate im not a ps3 hater, i realy enjoy playing the ps3 and im sure in a few years it will be the best console out there. In terms of quality its miles ahead of the wii and 360.

14. Mickus

Mickus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    Actually, speaking of dust. Does anyone know where I can get hold of USB port dust covers relatively cheap?

I've seen THIS

But I ain't paying 9 quid !

15. mminghella

mminghella
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Dust really isn't taht much of an issue. Have you seen the insides of most PCs and other consumer electronics? I wouldn't be all that bothered, unless I lived in the Sahara

However, back on track... if you don't use it then sell it or shut up. I know that this is not the OP's basic argument, but this keeps cropping up. Can't there be a forum called "imnotusingmyPS3forums.com"?

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

How about researching game availability, user-feedback etc. before parting with your money?

Once again, not meant at the OP, just a general gripe

Mod Comment

I appreciate your comments were general and not directed at anyone particular. However people do have a right to voice their opinions here whether you like them or not. That is what forums are for. Telling people to shut up is really a nice thing and a bit harsh.

16. beowulf

beowulf
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    my feelings exactly

i used to really slag off the 360 , then i got bioshock . that really changed my views on the machine

warhawk didn't help the ps3's cause imo , most overrated pile of junk i've played in ages

but for playing hi-def it wipes the floor with the oh so noisy 360 , and for such a versatile machine £425 isn't really that bad after all

i think in the next 6-9 months sony will get their act together and we'll all be singing their praises :)

17. BYF

BYF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235

I hope so,

Many of the games people have listed in this thread I've either already played/or available on the 360 or are not what i call great games.

I look on gamerankings.com and not one PS3 game other than oblivion has averaged over or anywhere near 90%, and neither have the most recent ones.

I guess what im waiting for are the sony exclusive great games.

I'm quite picky with my games, as i don't get to play that often so when i do i want a top quality experience.

I agree theres plenty of OK games to play, but hardly any i'd call great. Im playing God of War 2 at the moment and IMO it blows away every other PS3 game ive tried yet.

As a BLU-RAY and DVD player its doing a sterling job though, i cannot fault it.

18. Tazbot

Tazbot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,278
    Hold on there too, the Wii is also a fine piece of kit as for the 360, well I don't own one so can't comment.

19. ChrisWV10

ChrisWV10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    The PS3 is only 9 months into it's shelf life, the 360 had a year head start. This time last year there weren't that many great games available on the 360. Yes, some, but not loads. It's only now nearly 2 years down the line that a (relative) flood of good games are coming out and the same will be true of the PS3. (plenty of future release threads about so I won't bother to relist them)

Just an observation but why is it OK to say, "Meh, but that's out on the 360"? Is not the converse also true ... "Meh, already played that on the PS3"? for COD3, Oblivion, Stranglehold, Darkness, Rainbow6, GRAW2, POTC, Harry Potter etc etc etc

I think with this gen there will be far fewer 'big' format exclusives than we've previously been used to. Most games will be dual or tri format. Publishers want to maximise their audience after all. If that bothers you, stick to one format .... but I'm not getting into a debate about which one!!

:hiya:

20. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Mod Comment

Some of the posts in this thread haven't exactly been very civil and it already shows signs of going downhill. It is unfrotunate that there seems to be a thread like this started regularly now but that is what forums are for in the first place. Obviously a lot of people out there are not happy with the state of affairs with the PS3. However things need to stay civil and on topic. If there are any more posts that warrant a closure of the thread that is what will happen. If you can't post in a contructive and civil manner be it positive or negative please don't do so. Thanks.

:lease:

21. beowulf

beowulf
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    ???

what posts caused you to react like this , exactly ?

i don't see anyone being unnecessarily negative in this thread , do you ?

22. beowulf

beowulf
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    "I think with this gen there will be far fewer 'big' format exclusives than we've previously been used to. Most games will be dual or tri format. Publishers want to maximise their audience after all. If that bothers you, stick to one format .... but I'm not getting into a debate about which one!!"

well said !:clap:

23. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    I do. If I didn't then I wouldn't have commented. It's the general tone of the thread. I don't make such comments just for the heck of it. Plus I have already posted comments in two of the earlier posts in the thread. The fact is these threads always end up going downhill and rather then close this one I wanted to make sure it got back on track. If people didn't keep turning these threads into arguments like 360 vs. PS3 or insult and be generally rude to others there would be no need for such intervention.

24. daddyduche

daddyduche

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +147
    The ps3 does make a great dust collector, i keep thinking i should go out and buy a game to justify having paid so much money for it. But on the bright side i believe it as a great future and well worth keeping hold of it with some great titles coming up, its just a pity HOME isnt coming out until next year because thats definitley looks worth waiting for.

25. mminghella

mminghella
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Seems to me that this forum is getting a bit Draconian and also open to interpretation from some of the moderators.

Recently, I have experienced the following:
    1. My signature was removed as it was advertising my villa
    2. an advert in the "other items" section was removed because i am classed as a commercial enterprise
    3. a joke I made in a thread about complementing the PS3 and SKY HD was removed, even though there are many other such "jokey" posts
    4. I am now singled out with a mod comment because my "advice" was to sell your console or shut up, even though it is the 3rd or so thread stating the same issues

I still stand by my comments - if you don't like the console then sell it or shut up. Its a great piece of kit and an expensive one as well. However, it is still relatively new and of you didn't research it properly, then its your own fault.

I wish I hadn't bought my wii, shall I start a thread because I am guilty of an impulse buy? My old PT Cruiser was a gas guzzler - I'll have a look for a forum to slag that off too. My last job was a piece of crap - another forum anyone?

I accept freedom of speech, so long as you accept freedom of reply - especially if the OP keeps dragging out the same old moans & gripes.

:lesson:

26. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    No one said you couldn't respond or voice your opinions. it's the way you did it that I commented on. Telling people to shut up even if it is a general comment it not really on. I decided just to mention it as it did seem general and not directed at anyone in particular. However it is something that may earn you an infraction in the future.

Regards your other issues with the forums and moderation I suggest you post them in the forum feedback section as opposed to here. Here is the link if you need it.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52

27. Naqv

Naqv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +355
    I don't know why people complnout the same games being on the xbox360 as the PS3. For goodness sake, not everyone can afford BOTH PS3 and xbox 360, so I for one am glad that the same games come out on the PS3 as the xbox 360.

28. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906

1. The forum rules that you agreed to abide by are quite clear when they state that "Signatures are there to let people know who you are and perhaps also what kit you have. We strongly encourage people to include their first name as this encourages the friendly nature of the forums. If you want to list your home cinema kit, then please keep the signature brief."

Your signature had nothing to do with AV but was promoting a website that rented out a villa.

Likewise the trading rules are quite straightforward and they state that the trading forums are intended for selling surplus kit and not for commercial endeavour. The difference is quite simple as you don't pay tax on the disposal of surplus equipment but you do on rental income.

In general terms responses like the ones seen here aren't really what AV Forums is all about and we would prefer that people who can't be civil don't post at all.

You comment that you were singled out for a mod comment shows how short sighted you must be as I can see more than one mod comment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.