My PS3 is Bricked

fishfash

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I switched my US PS3 on today and it won't recognise the BD's disks anymore. It recognise's my PAL DVD's, but obviously won't play them

It has also stopped playing demo's from the HDD, I get the following message when trying to play a demo, "an error occurred during the start operation. (80010510).

I have restored the default settings and also restored the ps3 system with a quick format, but still no luck.

Please can anybody advise. :(

Thanks,

You might have to wait for the UK release buy one from ***** and take the wrong one back by accident in the uk box :eek: as they wont notice the diff.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replys. It doesn't have an international warranty, although it was bought via eBay / paypal, I will put in for a claim. I've contacted my CC company, but they are sending me some forms to fill but they are not optimistic.

Anyways, it doesn't read any of the BD discs, ridge racer 7 and that free movie. It doesn't play any of the demo games from the hdd that I downloaded from the store.

It will play the movie files on the hdd that are there.

There maybe some corruption on the HDD which could be causing it the demos to fail and possibly the BD's.

I tried a ps3 restore with a quick hdd format, that took like a few minutes to do, but same result. I am now doing the same with a full format but that is gonna take around 215 minutes :rolleyes:

That is really my only hope. I wonder if the HDD has bad sectors on it, hmmm...

hm, sounds more like a optical drive problem no? you can play of files from the harddisk , but media in the drive is not working.. but then again... hm i mixup some things

btw, could you see on the top of the box your ps3 is made in china or made in japan. My friend in japan told me issues are more with chinese made consoles he told me, but that could be random also off course

Well just one more hour to go for the restore to finish.

If that doesn't work then i'll try your solution Mugs. I'll borrow one from work or somewhere just to test.

I just wonder what would happen if I start it up without a HDD ?

Just also tried to call Sony USA, they are not at all bothered and have asked me to deal with Sony UK, typical Sony.

Anyone around here wants to take a look and open it up please ?

what did you expect to hear from sony usa anyway? i know you are desperate for a fix, but their answer was to be expected.

you dont have a 3.5inch sate drive laying around? you can plug the cable inside the ps3 and test it out, no need to buy a 2.5inch laptop harddrive

hm, sounds more like a optical drive problem no? you can play of files from the harddisk , but media in the drive is not working.. but then again... hm i mixup some things

btw, could you see on the top of the box your ps3 is made in china or made in japan. My friend in japan told me issues are more with chinese made consoles he told me, but that could be random also off course

Thanks for advice hey69.

Yep, just checked box and is made in China, oh no...

Yeah it does seem like an optical drive problem, but why does it not play the demos from the HDD and only plays the videos. That just doesn't make sense.

yep it does not make sense... maybe it is the harddrive, since it needs some files from your harddrive to start up optical media maybe...

what did you expect to hear from sony usa anyway? i know you are desperate for a fix, but their answer was to be expected.

you dont have a 3.5inch sate drive laying around? you can plug the cable inside the ps3 and test it out, no need to buy a 2.5inch laptop harddrive

OK thanks, i'll get a 3.5 inch sata from work, there is one lying on the work bench. At this rate, i'm willing to try anything.

yep it does not make sense... maybe it is the harddrive, since it needs some files from your harddrive to start up optical media maybe...

Now i'm feeling much better, let's hope so.:smashin:

Hopefully i can fix this, i will certainly take a look for you and post my findings if you want me too

Hopefully i can fix this, i will certainly take a look for you and post my findings if you want me too

Excellent, Thanks very much. I will definately send it to you, once i've tried another sata drive.

I hope it does fix the problem. If not then i'll PM you tonight.

I am very grateful for your help. Speak to you later.

Many Thanks,

Not a problem i hope i can fix this problem

Hi There,

I have managed to get a 3.5 sata drive from work, I have the data cable that can be added to the drive and plugged into the PS3. How do i connect the power cable to the sata and ps3 ?

Thanks,

I think you may need to power up the drive externally from a PC power connector or one of those devices that turn mains power into a plug that fits into a hard drive pc connector

OK Guys,

I tried to connect the external Sata drive to the PS3, but couldn't get the data cable to fit inside. Just given up on that idea now.

Also tried the lateset firmware 1.31, but still same problem.

The drive does the following:-

1) Does not recognise BD's at all.
2) Recognises DVD Videos as Data !
3) Recognises PS2 games as PS2, but can't play them (region lock)
4) Recognises some music CD's

1) Plays movies off HDD with no problems.
2) Plays music off HDD with no problems.
3) Does not play demo games off HDD :thumbsdow

This PS3 is hopefully going to madgames, before I raise a dispute with paypal. :confused:

Mine does not even have a warranty seal on it :confused:

Things are just getting worse now, looks like either sony have made a mistake when releasing this ps3, or someone has been tampering with it.:thumbsdow

Naff....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom