My PS3 has died after 1 week!!!! HELP

Chrisuk28

Established Member
Reaction score
I've had my ps3 died yesterday after only a week.

It wont turn on. I try turning it on, the light briefly blinks yellow, then goes to a flashing red light.

I've looked at the manual and it says it does that when overheated, but the ps3 is nowhere near any heat, and ps3 has been left off for nearly a whole day, and still not turning on.

Any advice???

Try holding down the power button for 5 seconds, if that doesn't work I'd take it back.

after just one week mate get it packed up and return it, where ever you purchased it from should replace it no questions asked

Wont even let me hold down they button, just beeps, and shuts itself off.

So annoyed. Spend so much money on something, surely not too much to ask that it works as it should.

Left a bit a bad taste in my mouth.

Bought it from Dixons online, just called them. They're going to sent a courier out to pick it up. Could take upto a week to get a replacement though!!!!!

So annoyed. Spend so much money on something, surely not too much to ask that it works as it should.

Bought it from Dixons online, just called them. They're going to sent a courier out to pick it up. Could take upto a week to get a replacement though!!!!!

That's really unlucky, there doesn't seem to have been many at all pack up in the first few weeks.

Yeh, you should get a new PS3 no problem. Sounds like an isolated case, don't know anyone else how have had their PS3 overheat.

Be thankful PS3 hasn't developed a '3 Rings of Death' issue like 360 did mate, I've lost count of the number of people who have had that kill their xbox...

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Hopefully my replacement PS3 will stay the course.

Got a few blu-ray DVD's & virtua tennis 3 coming tommorrow too. Going to have to wait to play those!!!!!!!!!

Quick question if you still have it. Have you tried turning it off from the back and then on again?

Wont they let you swap it over in a local store?

tried everything mate.

Switched it on and off from the back, tried it on it side, everything, but nothing.

I've left if completely off all day today, no power at all, see if that does any good.

Still going to send it back though, not happy!!!!!!

Shame they won't do a on-the-spot switch, not buying anything from Dixons if I can help it.

its a shame, but its probably the last PS3 made in the batch, maybe something wasn't connected right...

Matt

Is it not worth calling the playstation helpline. They normally do an on-the-spot switch within a couple of days.

do you have the number for the playstation helpline, maybe they can help with a problem im having with my ps3???

do you have the number for the playstation helpline, maybe they can help with a problem im having with my ps3???

It should be in the documentation that came with your PS3 or you can go to the European/UK regional section of playstation.com and it should be their under support or contacts.

id of took it to currys or pc world, technically its the company you brought it from and its not unheard of them accepting stuff.

sounds faulty to me, never seen a yellow light. have you tried moving it elsewhere?

dont let it tarnish your oppinion on the ps3, its a corker just like the 360

thanks:)..but all i can find is an address of lots of help & support faqs, info etc, but no phone number for a ps3 helpline??? i find it difficult to get my poblem accross in writing and would much rather speak to someone on the phone as im not getting much help on my thread, so im thinking maybe i have a faulty ps3 or somthing??

thanks again

Do Sony and Microsft put these hidden odd coloured lights in their machines just so we know when they're well and truly done for?

no, the yellow light is to tell you its getting warm in there! yellow red is bad. but not kill your system bad.

Matt

ahhh heck round of applause to sony for not having loads of failures.

im on my 2nd 360

Same thing has happened to mine!:mad:
But to be fair to Sony I phoned them up on 08705 998877 and they have arranged to have a courier bring me a new one on wednesday, not bad for a bank holiday weekend. :D
They are just going to replace the console, so I dont have to pull any leads out.
Prob worth giving them a call, they were very helpful. You will need the serial number off the back of the console.

Cheers Rob.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom