• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

My PS3 automatically resets the resolution on my tv need help!

Darsh

Hi I have this problem with my PS3 sometimes when I switch it on from the power button the PS3 automatically goes blank then I have to go through the steps of detecting a hdmi device and choosing optimal settings and then going through the whole display settings and video settings again just to get my resolution back to how it used to be.

Sometimes the resolution would get stuck on 1080i when my HDTV can support 720p so I have to keep on selecting 720p and hoping it detects it which it normally does in the end just fraustrating. Any one else had this problem with their PS3? and if so how did you fix it?

Darsh

Nacla

Standard Member
Hi I have this problem with my PS3 sometimes when I switch it on from the power button the PS3 automatically goes blank then I have to go through the steps of detecting a hdmi device and choosing optimal settings and then going through the whole display settings and video settings again just to get my resolution back to how it used to be.

Sometimes the resolution would get stuck on 1080i when my HDTV can support 720p so I have to keep on selecting 720p and hoping it detects it which it normally does in the end just fraustrating. Any one else had this problem with their PS3? and if so how did you fix it?

Darsh

Hi had the same problem many a time, in fact asked the same question here, and was advised that it maybe down to the fact that the PS3 is not shutting down properly. I blamed the kids because thats what they were doing. So i now sgut it down and fingers crossed its been ok since

Nacla

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom