1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My PS2

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ibmike, Apr 17, 2005.

1. ibmike

ibmike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well i got my component cables for my PS2 slimlins jobby and reading in the book it does progressive scan
    Now what does this mean ??
    Also when i watch a dvd i get a little box on my tv that says 576i
    What does it all mean ????

Thanks

2. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    I'm not upto speed with the latest PS2. My first generation ps2 only does progressive scan in some games. I've connected it to my AE100 projector and haven't been impressed with progressive as the games are too low res anyway with poor textures generally and the big screen just seems to show up the faults so don't bother. I think of it more of a normal tv console. 576i is standard interlace PAL. 480i is ntsc interlaced and 576P and 480P are the progressive signals for pal and ntsc.

What display device are you using? You can only use progressive mode with high end crt tvs plus most projectors, plasmas and large lcd displays.

3. ibmike

ibmike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry should have said
    I have just bought an lg lcd tv RZ26LZ50

4. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    Doesn't look like the set has component in. You could get a component to VGA box as it looks like it has a PC 15pin input but personally I don't think it would be worth it with the ps2. The set is LCD based so is incapable of giving out a interlace image anyway so its going to have its own built in de-interlacer of some sort.

5. ibmike

ibmike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It does have component in as i allready have my ps2 connected up to it