• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

My poor student set up.

Leighboyuk

Standard Member
Hi all, this it my first post here, so hello. :hiya:

Im now 17, I got into AV, mostly audio at a very young age. I got into AV from my dad really, hes a big AV fan with his flat screens and huge DVD/VHS collection. He works for JVC as well, and is currently a sales manager for them, which helps. :thumbsup:

Below is where I spend a fair few hours of my time each day. The room was painted when I was 10, im now 17, so its due for a change, however we might be moving soon so I have left it.

Remember my camera skills are rubbish and im a poor student that doesn't get ema (although im currently job hunting for something part-time.) :suicide: .

Here goes:

My TV area contains:

Sony Trinitron 28'' CRT. (Would be a LCD there if flipping driving lessons didn't cost so much!)
JVC TH-A10R (I love this system, the sub is huge.)
Xbox 360 (Maybe set to be the best console ever?)
The stand cost £15 from a catalog. (So thats not to bad then.)

All in all, I have not spent anymore than £350 on this part of myset up.

set54na6.jpg

set1jk4.jpg

set8ai6.jpg

My PC area:

It contains:

JVC LCD TV (I use this just as a PC moniter)
BiOrb 30litre fish tank (Special, as you never have to clean it out)
Dreamcast games that cost about £2 each. :thumbsup:
And a Fujitsu Siemans PC.

set2ee2.jpg

My music area: (god I hate the wallpaper now)

It contains:

JVC Boomblaster (Limtied Etd blue one :D )
JVC G-Max system (150watts rms subs each side, banging. :devil: )

set00uz9.jpg

Last of all I would like you show you this:

My 1 of 100 limited official black PGR100 Xbox360 console. (Joeboyz is my online tag) :clap:
Currently being stored.

superrareconsole9nc.jpg

Thanks for looking!

pave

Banned
Welcome to the forums...nice and tidy setup...would'nt say you were poor thou:hiya:

rhino2k

Distinguished Member
bet that 360 will be worth a fortune in years to come! :D

Ambient Fish

Established Member
Hi Rhino, nice and tidy set up, when I was 17 I had a Dansette auto changer with 2 watts of mono output and I thought it was the bees knees, your system will grow with you so "Yours is no Disgrace".:) As another poster has said you have a special X-Box there try to keep the original packageing and manual etc as in years to come it might be worth more than you paid for it.

John 1987

Prominent Member
Very nice set-up. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom