1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Plasma tidy, custom made by Jali in 4 days!

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by gizlaroc, Jul 16, 2004.

1. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +666
    I was looking at putting my plasma on a stand but there was one problem with all of them, the stick out into the room too far and don't look in keeping with the style of our house.

I was pointed in the direction of Jali by another forum member, I had a quick look at their website and downloaded the design application, designed my radiator cover in 10 mins and ordered same same day, they quoted 2 weeks but the order was placed on the Tuesday and the cover was here on the Friday, superb!

I ordered it with no grill and instead bought some biege grille cloth from http://www.wilmslow-audio.co.uk , the reason for this is I wanted to hide the centre speaker behind the cover as well as the mass of cables.

For £100 I can't be happier, I would have paid 3 or 4x this, and I have now ordered a cabinet in the same style to hide all my equipment too. Just need to hide the cables under the carpet and put the cabinet in and our new front room will be complete :)

[​IMG]

2. Zef

Zef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    note the conviently placed knick knack hiding the cable from plasma !!

:thumbsup:

3. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +666
    Haha well spotted, I'm trying to decide on channeling the cable in the wall, using a bit of brass pipe, or maybe some plastic trunking painted in the same green as the wall.

until then the knick knack will stay ;)

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Nice one, mate. Wish you were nearer me, I'd offer you a job!

5. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +666
    I didn't make it myself, www.jali.co.uk made it for me.

You down load their designer app and design it yourself and they make it up for you.

Have a look at their site, download the app and have a play :)

6. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    I'd have that skirting off in about 30 seconds to get the cables behind it though...

** Sorry Maw, I have edited your post by mistake... I meant to quote you - mod***

:suicide: :blush:

7. noidea

noidea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    good work gizlaroc. I got a cabinet from them for the av eqpt. have cut holes for all cables and ventilation, cut perspex to use for doors instead of their grills and its now on its third coat of paint. Have to say I'm impressed by how sturdy the cabinet is and getting it in the exact size I specified makes it an absolute bargain

8. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm amazed that the bottom back hasn't got a rebate for the skirtingboard. :confused: All the furniture I draw up at work has, Its a standard thing.

I just made a Very similar one for a friend, Very easy to make as long as you have access to a CNC router ;)

9. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    You touting for business Taz? I'll bear it in mind! We get loads of furniture enquiries, and Oxshott is not the place to get anything done for a sensible price. 1/2 the population are millionaires, and the other 1/2 are parasites... well a bit harsh maybe, but you get the general impression.