1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My plasma has developed a problem...

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by IanTr, Feb 1, 2004.

1. IanTr

IanTr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Last night, the picture on my Fujitsu PDS4214E-S (which I have had for a little over 2 years) suddenly deteriorated. It's difficult to describe precisely what has happened - I don't have the technical language to do so - but here's my best attempt;

1) The picture has lost some brightness and contrast
    2) It's gone distinctly yellow tinged - particularly noticeable on Sky+ menus
    3) There is a distinct 'speckling' of tiny black dots all over the screen. The dots are not steady in the same locations, but seem to blip on and off all over the picture like some sort of interference.

I have established for certain that the screen itself is the problem through elimination - I experience the same effect whether using Sky, a DVD or when looking at the screen's own self-generated menus.

If anyone could offer any thoughts as to the nature of the problem I'd be most grateful. Recommendations for someone who might fix it also gratefully received; sadly I'm sure it's now out of warranty.

I'd also be interested to learn of anyone who has experienced similar problems.

TIA

2. IanTr

IanTr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking more closely, the yellow tinge is more acute to the left of the screen than the right. In fact, the rightmost third or so looks ok.

All thoughts / comments welcomed!

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Location, mate. I know a guy who is fujitsu trained to component level, might be able to help you. He's based in Bracknell.

4. IanTr

IanTr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good news.

Woking - 15 minutes from Bracknell.

Can you get his details to me?

Thanks.

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    got to make a call or 2, I'll pm you, I wouldn't like my home phone posted on the internet!

6. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Ian, sorry about my inbox, haven't contacted him yet, left a message. You could try turning off, removing and re seating the video card in the meantime, I'll have more time tomorrow to chase him down